Cycle Toy Run 2011

Helivac Marshals

Following on the successful Cycle Toy Run last year, the Toy Run committee has started their discussions and meetings around this years Toy Run. It was decided last year to kick off and incorporate a cycling Toy Run as the run is really about providing for kids that has nothing in life and also to make their Christmas something to look forward to.

Toy Run is about anything that has two wheels, so we decided to plan another for this year. We as the Helivac Marshals have been approached to get involved with the planning to ensure an safe ride for all on the day.

Last year we had about 50 cyclist that participated and would really like to see more cyclist attend this year.

We are still working on a route and distance. It should be a joyous occasion for all to participate in and the ride should be easily accomplished by any a rider.

We would like some suggestions around venues and routes as well as distances. Your valuable input would be appreciated.

Respect.

Jasper

Following on the successful Cycle Toy Run last year, the Toy Run committee has started their discussions and meetings around this years Toy Run. It was decided last year to kick off and incorporate a cycling Toy Run as the run is really about providing for kids that has nothing in life and also to make their Christmas something to look forward to.

Toy Run is about anything that has two wheels, so we decided to plan another for this year. We as the Helivac Marshals have been approached to get involved with the planning to ensure an safe ride for all on the day.

Last year we had about 50 cyclist that participated and would really like to see more cyclist attend this year.

We are still working on a route and distance. It should be a joyous occasion for all to participate in and the ride should be easily accomplished by any a rider.

We would like some suggestions around venues and routes as well as distances. Your valuable input would be appreciated.

Respect.

Jasper

I'm keen. Keep us posted.

Provisional thoughts are 6 November (we need to do it before the motorbike run) and East Rand...

Why not get the various CSA districts (GNC, CGC etc.) involved, and have a number of toyruns, then get someone to coordinate and pick up the various toys collected.

That way more cyclists can get involved, more toys collected, and more kids receive something.

Why not get the various CSA districts (GNC, CGC etc.) involved,

I understand (I may be wrong) that those entities would struggle organising the proverbial pi$$ up in a brewery.

I say get more cycling clubs involved. And maybe scouts. My local scout thingy has a cycle rally and everything.

I understand (I may be wrong) that those entities would struggle organising the proverbial pi$$ up in a brewery.

I say get more cycling clubs involved. And maybe scouts. My local scout thingy has a cycle rally and everything.

Good idea, where can we get details on all the cycling clubs?

Provisional thoughts are 6 November (we need to do it before the motorbike run) and East Rand...

6 Nov is the OFM Race in Bloem.

Not too sure how many JHB people will go down but it's something to keep in mind.

I do however agree that it needs to be before the 94.7 cycle challenge.

You will not get a big turn out before the 94.7. Most riders will not give up a training ride for this. The 94.7/Argus is more "important" then anything like this.

I'm keen. Sounds like cycle clubs for different areas could organise a mass public ride. Short distance to get "the non cyclist" type involved to - maybe they will see the light!

You will not get a big turn out before the 94.7. Most riders will not give up a training ride for this. The 94.7/Argus is more "important" then anything like this.

Sho!!!! I don't think that it should be seen as to be more important. We cycle through most of the areas where the "need" is the most. We close their roads to hold our cycle races and events, we inconvenience the community because our cycling is more important?

This is the opportunity to give something back to those less fortunate communities, the toys collected on such a day is distributed and records are kept for anyone to see. A sticker is also attached to make the receiver aware of where that toy comes from. They will see "Cycle Toyrun" on that toy.

Last year we had this after the 94.7 and the turnout was poor. We are not asking cyclists to give up their training ride, but merely to come and enjoy a fun rid with your kids and family under controlled safe conditions. Our families sacrifice allot during the year, why not take some time and spend it with them for a worthy cause?

Just a thought....

More input will be appreciated as we are trying to get you guys, the cyclists, involved with this...so please, make a positive contribution by suggesting alternates...

Good idea, where can we get details on all the cycling clubs?

Try CGC? I will pm you the details that I have for the clubs I have.

Last year we had this after the 94.7 and the turnout was poor.

Yip, it would be.

This date sounds like a plan SP :clap: