Trek - Carbonfibre chain

jarek.pski

Come accross this video of Trek and their carbonfibre 'chain'

I wonder how this would work with chainrings in front....

That can only work for SS's. Going to take a whole world of innovation to be able to get that right for a normal "geared" bike.

I can't view the video, but there are certain things that should never be carbon fibre and a chain is one of them.

Just to let you know, it's not actually a chain in the video but a belt and it is just carbon-infused.

http://nuncscio.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/district_vintagegray.jpg

They haven't actually showed the crank and how the teeth look on it...

Google is your friend.

http://www.bicycles.net.au/uploads/tx_cmarticle/c9009d56bccb1da98c6115695a740466.jpg

drivetrains using belts have been in the Taiwanese Bicycle Suppliers catalogue for years. Maybe Trek has just decided to pay one of them Fong-Kong brands to put their name on it.

...wouldn't surprise me quite a few of the "brand names" do that. And some TBS stuff remains with the original brand and for some reason when we get it here we praise it thinking it's some amazing fancy stuff and the LBSes charge 'fancy stuff' prices on it (like KCNC).

Edited by patches

What about the "Honda Internal Gearbox"

that would add a few gears

One of those GM Honda bikes was stolen a few years back and put on EBay ohne gearbox.......