Team Radio Shack

gadget

So Robbie McEwen and Robbie Hunter missed out on the Team Radio Shack selection for TdF. Would have loved to have a South African (Hunter) there for the sprints:

The nine riders are:

Jani Brajkovic

Chris Horner

Markel Irizar

Andrea Klöden

Levi Leipheimer

Dmitriy Muravyev

Sérgio Paulinho

Yaroslav Popovych

Haimar Zubeldia

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/teamradioshack/news_lineup-team-radioshacks-2011-tour-de-france-roster-announced/#ixzz1PwZMCIcF

Edited by gadget

Who is the team leader.?

Lots of chiefs I think, not too many indians there.

Well, more like lots of korporaals, a captain or two and almost no troepe , but unfortunately no general in sight!

Well, more like lots of korporaals, a captain or two and almost no troepe , but unfortunately no general in sight!

Ja, shame, poor Johan had to change that whole "all for one" thing after you-know-who made his comeback 2.0.

Who is the team leader.?

Lots of chiefs I think, not too many indians there.

Horner, obviously. 39 years old and climbing like a 21 year old.

Or maybe Levi, who is showing remarkable form.

Oh, no, wait, maybe Mr Perfect10, Popo.

Hell, this team worries me.

On the back of his Tour de Suisse form I'm sure Levi will be the leader. I like the fact that they're backing themselves for GC contention... probably hoping just for a podium though, but still. They're old but they're strong.

Can't seem them sticking with Contador or Andy but a third may be possible. All the other 3rd place contenders are just as average as they are...

So Robbie McEwen and Robbie Hunter missed out on the Team Radio Shack selection for TdF. Would have loved to have a South African (Hunter) there for the sprints:

The nine riders are:

Jani Brajkovic

Chris Horner

Markel Irizar

Andrea Klöden

Levi Leipheimer

Dmitriy Muravyev

Sérgio Paulinho

Yaroslav Popovych

Haimar Zubeldia

That's a pretty daft selection if you ask me. A stage win or two courtesy of one of the Robbies would be far more valuable than one of these old farts struggling into Paris in 8th place overall.

That's a pretty daft selection if you ask me. A stage win or two courtesy of one of the Robbies would be far more valuable than one of these old farts struggling into Paris in 8th place overall.

Then again, neither of the Robbies have outsprinted the likes of Cav or Petacchi this season (that I can remember). This may also have been a long shot?

Andreas Kloden will be there to upset all the other top GC guys.

I thought he'd be up there when I saw him next to Lance on the podium in 2004, but he hasn't really shaped since then. Okay, he got another second after that, but that was because Floyd got booted.

Horner should take up the reigns as team leader. Of course if the gamble to sit out Tour d'Suisse and the Dauphine doesn't pay off, and he has a bad day, the likes of Leipheimer who is also on form will just take over that responsibility. Kloden will have to go for top finishes in the TT's. He has come close and is one of only a few guys that can challenge Fabian Cancellara and Tony Martin in the TT. If Horner and Leipheimer don't go well then RSH will just disappear off the radar as has happenned before in other races.

Only time will tell. Wonder what this team's average age is compared to the other teams :o

Then again, neither of the Robbies have outsprinted the likes of Cav or Petacchi this season (that I can remember). This may also have been a long shot?

Yeah, they can't beat the sprinters in a straight shootout, but they can always try the opportunistic move, or be there to take advantage of any chaos if there's a crash or anything...