New GT Zaskar 100

Mackie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Silver bike is their team edition, also carbon. The only difference on the STD team spec to that pic is the Team comes with SID world cup fork, Blue R1 brakes and full carbon Crank Brothers Bar, Stem and post, also Maxxis Aspen takkies. Expect to pay R55k.

Is there a Alu version? Can't seem to find any info on it. I see they are referring to them as the Zaskar 100 Pro or the the Zaskar 100, I take it the Pro would be the team edition? :unsure:

Is there a Alu version? Can't seem to find any info on it. I see they are referring to them as the Zaskar 100 Pro or the the Zaskar 100, I take it the Pro would be the team edition? :unsure:

Been a very frustarting search, the GT website has nothing, the white bike is the pro and the Silver bike the team edition, I am sure they will also have an Expert which will probably be the allu frame. They wil still have the Hardtail version, the silver team hardtail is already available, I saw the Mr Price GT team riders roll on the silver hardtail. There were also plenty silver team hardtails at the PMB WC. I am patiently waiting for the Silver GT Zaskar 100, I am gonna sell my Marathon Team frame and get the Zaskar 100 as soon as I can get one. I spoke to Omnico about the bike and they cannot even say when it will be available, so I asked then why advertise the damn thing, and they had no answer, as they have started advertising the Zaskar 100 team bike already, saw the add in Bicycling 2 months ago already. Hans No Way Rey was also bragging about it on his Twitter.

Edited by Mackie

Been a very frustarting search, the GT website has nothing, the white bike is the pro and the Silver bike the team edition, I am sure they will also have an Expert which will probably be the allu frame. They wil still have the Hardtail version, the silver team hardtail is already available, I saw the Mr Price GT team riders roll on the silver hardtail. There were also plenty silver team hardtails at the PMB WC. I am patiently waiting for the Silver GT Zaskar 100, I am gonna sell my Marathon Team frame and get the Zaskar 100 as soon as I can get one. I spoke to Omnico about the bike and they cannot even say when it will be available, so I asked then why advertise the damn thing, and they had no answer, as they have started advertising the Zaskar 100 team bike already, saw the add in Bicycling 2 months ago already. Hans No Way Rey was also bragging about it on his Twitter.

I have to concur, I don't see them getting rid of the Zaskar hardtail. It sucks that you can't find any more specs or info, especially since they are advertising the thing.

Zaskar 100 is only available in Carbon. Prices will be as follows Expert(WHITE) RRP R 27000, Pro (Nude Carbon) R 35000, Team (Chrome) R 55000. Shipment should be here in July.

Zaskar 100 is only available in Carbon. Prices will be as follows Expert(WHITE) RRP R 27000, Pro (Nude Carbon) R 35000, Team (Chrome) R 55000. Shipment should be here in July.

Oh wel, come end July, I might be in a world of *** with the missus.

looking at the redesigned linkage on the Zaskar the difference is that the bb linkage is now housed inboard rather than the old models where it mounted on the outside of the rear triangle. Also the dog bone is similar to that on the 2010 Force but is carbon. And then the MAIN difference i can see is that the front derailleur mounting post is now part of the bb linkage and not part of the rear triangle like on the old models!