Mavic's cautious approach to 29er wheel

Tumbleweed

New Crossmax lin

"You can't just scale the thing up. When you increase the diameter and the spoke length, the ride characteristics change. It's something Mavic want to tackle as its own unit rather than try to scale up existing products."

so by that, i reckon 29DH is coming, but it's gonna take a while to ensure the wheels don't become the ultimate problem.

so by that, i reckon 29DH is coming, but it's gonna take a while to ensure the wheels don't become the ultimate problem.

Uh-oh, you know where this is going to go now… :D

so by that, i reckon 29DH is coming,

:blink: :blink: :huh: :huh:

no way dude - if mavic havent even brought out a 29er SLR or ST theres no way they gonna go straight into the 29er DH market - testing will first be on the XC stable way before they progress to DH

I doudt Mavic is planning a 29er DH wheel. It's more that there is a growing demand for a cheaper 29er wheel than the existing C29SSMAX (about R6080.00). Mavic won't move into this terriory just to make a quick buck. They'll rather try make the best wheel that they can, for the best price.

:blink: :blink: :huh: :huh:

no way dude - if mavic havent even brought out a 29er SLR or ST theres no way they gonna go straight into the 29er DH market - testing will first be on the XC stable way before they progress to DH

easy up there Nige: i said it's coming, didnt say tomorrow :P OBVIOUSLY it will require a lot of research. Bsides, once they get the SX (All mountain) version out of the door, then the DH version should be round the corner.

easy up there Nige: i said it's coming, didnt say tomorrow :P

:lol: :lol: yeah well we have 2 years of World Cups and World Champs to look forward to here - so maybe we'll see some used for those races????? HMMMMMMM

i see on VitalMTB they took a snap of JD Swangun (sp?) at the Triple DHip, but it had some pointed comment about the bike not being a 29er. Curious to know how that experiment went.

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/22181/s1600_jd_non29er.jpg?1308402072

says 29 on the frame but those look like 26 wheels???? <_< <_<