COMPRESSION GARMENTS

Tightfitt

Hi Hubbers

What brands are recommended ito recovery compression garments - "leggings" etc.

Looking to acquire.

Thanks

get the kind that minimise injury and therefore speed up recovery...

like the FLY Compression shorts I use for DH (decent high density hip and tailbone padding)

http://www.bikerleathers.ca/product_images/m/958/Compression-Shorts__58628_zoom.jpg

:lol:

Edited by patches

Just get some flight socks at Dischem for a 3rd of the price, not as cool but then again you shouldn't be seen out in public with them ;)

Socks are just as effective as complete leggings. The calf is the pump of the leg so compresing it does the trick. I have Craft comp socks, from CRC, wear them every day to work, sleep in the longs after a real hard day or when racing the next day.

Guest Frail4Life

Just get some flight socks at Dischem for a 3rd of the price, not as cool but then again you shouldn't be seen out in public with them ;)

HEY!

You saying i cant wear my SOCKS?

Which are triple the Compression, (compared to Flight socks) i cant go for an Operation so HAVE to wear Socks.

Can recommend Rockets from Medac www.medacsport.co.za (Medac makes lekker shorts and bibs too.)

The best ones to get in my opinion are Compressport

http://compressport.za.com/blog/

Oh yes ! Agree 100%

Was sceptical and bought the calve sleeves first, but was so impressed I got the quad sleeves as well.

Haven't run in a while and then did a 05:30 pace 5k in them without stretching or warming up/down.

Wore them afterwards as well, no DOMS in the next few days ! :clap:

Hit my one shin on a branch the other day while trail running, I was bleeding a bit but the material didnt even make a hole in it.

Also after hard rides when I felt my legs were physically sore, the sleeves seemed to ease the feeling when put on and helped me recover faster so I could train the next day.

They offer a 30 day cash back policy so give them a try

Can recommend Rockets from Medac www.medacsport.co.za (Medac makes lekker shorts and bibs too.)

I thought everyone who rode with Compression socks looked like real chops - but I started using Medac Rocket socks this winter...apart from the benefits of compression, they provided that extra bit of warmth and NO discomfort. I also wear the rockets tights after long rides (used them at Sani2C). I like to support local thats of good quality - so Medac Rockets gets my vote. You can order them online so that they are tailormade (bespoke) for you and they are much cheaper than the overseas brands. (www.medac.co.za)

just go and buy so rugby socks from the u/13 rugby player. Voila, instant compression socks.

medac compression are ok, but their cut leaves much to be desired they eventually cut the circulation and create "hotspots" after long rides or runs. compresssport calf sleeves are by far the premium in the sport.

I have a problem with a shin support I got from Sportsmans... A al cheapo... I will have to invest in a premium support and compression kit for my running as my feet go numb, even while jogging barefoot :)

Bought a pair of recharge socks (under armour brand)at the cyclab sale today for R99. Anybody have feedback on these?