Don't share to much INFO on the HUB - Carte Blanche !!

Mad Dog

We all know there's HUBBERS that was selling stolen bikes. Don't post to mush info on the hub, rather mail it to Carte Blanche.

We can so easly stuff-up a good inventigation !!

We all know there's HUBBERS that was selling stolen bikes. Don't post to mush info on the hub, rather mail it to Carte Blanche.

What makes you say that now? Its a good point that I was thinking of yesterday, these scum bags are monitoring definitely

Posted the same point the other day, this is an easy place to glean information for criminals.

Call to find out about a bike sale, find out the area, follow the would be victim and attack. Fairly easy. Be careful when passing on your info and your location!

True. Made a note of it on the Carte Blanche TV thread.

Have you been a victim in a bicycle hijacking incident?

Please submit your story and bump this thread daily so that we can get as many people as possible to submit their stories on Carte Blanche TV.

Carte Blanche TV Submit your story here

Note: Don't post too much info on the hub, rather mail it to Carte Blanche or pm me and I will forward the info to the relevant people.

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

and all those suspicious second hand bike shops....give their details aswell, might be part of the sindicate....like that one in Cape Town

and all those suspicious second hand bike shops....give their details aswell, might be part of the sindicate....like that one in Cape Town

Yeah, +1000 with this.

I don't understand - what is the difference between The Hub and Carte Blanche? Both can be seen as private investigators. They are not the police. Rather give it to the police then if you don't want to post it here.

I don't understand - what is the difference between The Hub and Carte Blanche? Both can be seen as private investigators. They are not the police. Rather give it to the police then if you don't want to post it here.

Dude.

Carte Blanche does not announce all their intentions in advance. Or post picks of their victims in advance.

That would kinda be like NATO telling CNN that they are sending in operatives, and posting their pics on the telly. No? Think Gadaffi would maybe miss that.

Dude.

Carte Blanche does not announce all their intentions in advance. Or post picks of their victims in advance.

That would kinda be like NATO telling CNN that they are sending in operatives, and posting their pics on the telly. No? Think Gadaffi would maybe miss that.

But Carte Blanche always goes in ahead of any police investigation and what they find (hidden cameras, documents, etc.) can't be used in a criminal investigation and it warns the thiefs that the police might be coming later.

That must be the one of the scariest things when you open your front door - "hi, we're from Carte Blanche..." :D

I think I must've misunderstood the original post/question - so we shouldn't warn other hubbers of any scams or to look out for these individuals, etc.?

:lol: You joking me !!! :stupid:

Mad Dog…..I don’t actually see the joke in this. I can just presume that you don’t have trust in the police making a remark like that. I was just wondering what you as a citizen in this country do to prevent or do assist the police in their investigations or to fight crime…….and I am not talking of turning a blind eye when you actually does see something.

Unfortunate there are people out there that buy stolen bikes and THAT create a market for the thieves to continue to steal and to supply. If there is no market, they would not bother to steal it….

Please keep in mind that Carte Blanch is working hand in hand with the Police Organized Crime Units when working on a story and collect evidence in the same time. Yes, not all the evidence can be used in court, but with the necessarily supporting documents and evidence, that case could be well represented in court with the Footage of Carte Blanch……

:blush:

R5000 reward for information leading to the successful recovery of my bike: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/104570-bikejacking-bluehills-kyalami/

Bikeless- I spoke to a young prisoner at the place I worked last year. 25 year old white guy stealing cars in the stellenbosch area. He told me that he stole and drove the cars straight to a container in the harbour, and it got shipped the next day to the UK. Apparently they never stole if there wasn't a 'order' allready placed. The last Range Rover he stole had a tracker, so tracker caught him. So, bikeless, I think your bike is doing trails somewhere overseas....

Bikeless- I spoke to a young prisoner at the place I worked last year. 25 year old white guy stealing cars in the stellenbosch area. He told me that he stole and drove the cars straight to a container in the harbour, and it got shipped the next day to the UK. Apparently they never stole if there wasn't a 'order' allready placed. The last Range Rover he stole had a tracker, so tracker caught him. So, bikeless, I think your bike is doing trails somewhere overseas....

Maybe my R5000 is more than they are getting paid. Worth a try.