griping STUFF

rwa.basson

hi guys i have a set white and red aerozine grips and im am looking for a replacement set as my current set only lasted 4 mounths of daily riding . Im currently looking at some high density foam but not realy sure about them ..

So here is my question wat are you riding and/or any recommendations? post-10453-0-80870000-1308839187.jpg

I've tried all sorts and now settled on the ESI Chunky silicone grips - seem to fit my hands the best and they don't get as numb after a few hours.

I've tried all sorts and now settled on the ESI Chunky silicone grips - seem to fit my hands the best and they don't get as numb after a few hours.

+1 :thumbup:

The ESI chunky grips are awesome!

I thought this thread was the complaints department... why is no one griping about stuff? Was sure this would be a massively popular thread around here...

Edited by Lucky Luke.

ESI chunky is good. Had racers edge, too thin for me.

If you like foam, KCNC brough out coloured foamies a while back.

Have used Bontrager XXX lite foam grips - nice grips, can slip a bit so need to install them with hairspray etc. High density foam so bit harder but they don't push through onto the bars :thumbup:

Ravx hard foam grips is also good the are nice and cheap R55 and only 9g each! works great for me!

Seems alot of you guys are using a set of chuckies . . . will definitelytake a look at them when i buy .

tnx guys

If weight is not an issue, then try Lizard Skin lock-ons from CWC. You get two diameters. They are rebranded ODI grips. I did not like my ESI grips because they do not stay put like lock-ons do. The lightest lock-on grips out there are the Rav-X foam ones. About 50gr but they cost close to R200.

ESI chunky is good. Had racers edge, too thin for me.

If you like foam, KCNC brough out coloured foamies a while back.

Have used Bontrager XXX lite foam grips - nice grips, can slip a bit so need to install them with hairspray etc. High density foam so bit harder but they don't push through onto the bars :thumbup:

i have never used hairspray to install any of my grips , how does it work ? DO you just give it a good spray on the inside and slip them on ? i have always used lock on grips and before that i didnt realy care aslong as there was air in the tyres and the wheels was rolling i was happy

i have never used hairspray to install any of my grips , how does it work ? DO you just give it a good spray on the inside and slip them on ? i have always used lock on grips and before that i didnt realy care aslong as there was air in the tyres and the wheels was rolling i was happy

Yip should work but have not done it myself so maybe someone that has done it can comment ?

ESI fits using an air compressor.

I find lock-on grips way too hard.

OURY grips are a bit thick for me but nice and soft.

Also look at Ergon if you do looong rides

I put a pair of these Ryder grips on my fixie, but doubled up on the bar tape that it came with. Very comfy. About R135, I think.

post-1604-0-47095800-1309239347.jpg

grips are like saddles... your personal choice

I love my lizard skin chargers (non lock-on)

I put a pair of these Ryder grips on my fixie, but doubled up on the bar tape that it came with. Very comfy. About R135, I think.

post-1604-0-47095800-1309239347.jpg

I just buy the Prince handle grip (for squash racquets etc) from Sportsmans for about R60.

hi guys i have a set white and red aerozine grips and im am looking for a replacement set as my current set only lasted 4 mounths of daily riding . Im currently looking at some high density foam but not realy sure about them ..

So here is my question wat are you riding and/or any recommendations? post-10453-0-80870000-1308839187.jpg

I had the same grips on my commuter bike and replaced them with ESI Chunky grips this week.

I prefer the thicker grips and the smoother surface less abrasive on my gloves.