Led Lenser lights

tunariaan

I did a quick search and can't seem to find to much info about riding lights

What good and wont break the bank

i personally like the Led Lenser, good light for an good price, the only thing is it a headlamp , would this work for shorter rides up to 1hour or do you have to mount it on the steering wheel

search led lenser and magiclight, allot of info there.

spend the R900 and get a magic light, I have a led lenser headlamp not bright enough, even when used with a 225 lumen light on the bars. Good lights otherwise and for running hte headlamp aint bad

Ive got the ml 1000 from magic light for my bike light and the Led Lenzer H7 for a headlight.Great quality lights!Start off buying a descent bikelight and go on from there

Same old topic I know, but I'm also looking for a decent light but couldn't be bothered with a battery pack. Not doing night rides just need something for early morning, late afternoons on the mtb...any suggestions?

For the second time....use the search function, top right under the advert....this topic has been covered a gazillion times ..... :angry:

@daloco,

Maybe you should be more helpfull , if you not wiling to help or give positive comment, rather dont say anything

i have actually tried to searh, maybe the system that im using doesn't run fully(im currently offshore on a boat in Gabon), so chill a bit

@daloco,

Maybe you should be more helpfull , if you not wiling to help or give positive comment, rather dont say anything

i have actually tried to searh, maybe the system that im using doesn't run fully(im currently offshore on a boat in Gabon), so chill a bit

You have to wait till you are in the worst possible situation, in the middle of Africa on a boat, to search for a light? :unsure: Rather take some pics of the area, we are all having a cold miserable day in SA, so some nice nature pics will be good. :thumbup:

In any case, this thread has a lot on the Lensers.

Lenser

Thanks for the info

@ daloco, nothing nice here excepth for miles and miles of blue water around me, we actauly sailing to port as we speak so hopefully this time tom night i can go for my first cold bear and maybe a run on a normal road and not mile after mile on the treadmill

Hi,

I use a MT7 lensor mounted on a bike bracket on my road bike. I use rechargeable AAA's and get a good 2 hours. I have 2 sets of AAA’s on eon the bike and the other on the charger. Well worth the price of the torch and the batteries. When the cold comes into KZN, I have a torch in my car and a bike on the stationery trainer- who said guys cannot multitask!!

If for mtn bike use, perhaps try 2 torches. I would not go for the headlight/helmet light from lensor as this has less batteries leading to less light.

Best is a wider light on the bars and a spot light on the helmet, so you can see around you but also around a corner etc. I would go headlight 1st then bar light, would not ride without a headmounted light.

Also safety wise if a car is coming from a side street you can "flash" them with the headlight so you know they see you

Go have a look at Deal Extreme under flashlights. Hundreds of affordable lights with HUGE light outputs. Handle bar mounting options available too. I went through the same issue a few months ago. I ended up buying n MJ808 and a head light from Deal extreme. Total cost, around R700 for both including shipping. MJ808 has a battery back, but it really isn't that much hassle. Will probably take as long to fit to your bars as it will to swop batteries in the torch!

Thanks guys for all the info on the Ledlenser :thumbup: plus I can use my e-bucks at Cape Union Mart :clap:

My friend has one of those LED Lensers the are nice and cheap and some nice output flippen bright. I will buy me one as soon as my headlamp goes....

Want to sell my Led Lenser H7 headlamp if anyone is interested @ R250, used it 3 times now but want to get the H14 as it is better from running with the top strap, the H7 fitted very well on my Bell Sweep.