loud hubs:noise or music to your ears?

zonker

I couldn't care about loud hubs. I do care about those stupid loud motorbikes and cars.

It is embarrassing that we as a race still make that stuff. Noise pollution, air pollution and absolutely pointless on the road.

I often wonder what sort of person doesn't care that they are forcing other people to endure their super loud engine/music etc while revving balls unnecessarily in a suburban junction.

I also don't understand why we make cars or bikes for public roadways that accelerate really fast and go faster that 140kph. Surely we should be focussing on road user safety and putting our weird ego's aside?

As someone who's brain is wired differently, loud engines and strangely, hydraulic hissing, are big triggers which set me off. That revving messes with my well being and function for a really long time, especially if I don't see it coming. It triggers my anxiety, I get massive adrenal spikes and I withdraw. 

But nah, it doesn't matter because boet, 3.2 seconds to get to 100 and a max speed of 270! Boet!

I am not soft, I'm just wired differently. 

Hubs are a choice and are inoffensive. I have both quiet ones and loud ones and in between ones. My preferences are hubs that are reliable.

But you revving loud engine people can seriously eat a bag

as a self confessed petrol head I'm in total agreement with your post.

loud exhausts etc. belong on the track, not in suburbia.

Nothing worse than sitting down relaxing at home and some dimwit a few roads away decides to see if he can get one of his pistons to exit the exhaust whilst the vehicle is stationary.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the outrage is strong in this one......unusual

I just don't really understand how people are proud of the fact that their toys endanger other road users and bully people who they force their unnecessary loud, archaic small willy ego expander revving on.

I wish you could experience the raw emotions and repercussions it causes with slightly differently wired kids and adults. 

Those things and that attitude have no place being ridden on public roads and are a painful throwback to a time when women couldn't vote and smoking was 'cool'

Pyga, you are unfortunately an obtuse, toxic troll. I sincerely hope you are a better person in real life than you make out on here.

I feel really sorry for your friends and family.

Anyway, I am not actually angry. Sorry if I come across like that. I've spent nearly 40 years dealing with how my brain works, I know that there will always be those who simply don't care or more commonly, are too bog average to even consider how their actions effect others.

That is a sad part of humanity that will never change. 

I just don't really understand how people are proud of the fact that their toys endanger other road users and bully people who they force their unnecessary loud, archaic small willy ego expander revving on.

I wish you could experience the raw emotions and repercussions it causes with slightly differently wired kids and adults.

Those things and that attitude have no place being ridden on public roads and are a painful throwback to a time when women couldn't vote and smoking was 'cool'

Pyga, you are unfortunately an obtuse, toxic troll. I sincerely hope you are a better person in real life than you make out on here.

Anyway, I am not actually angry. Sorry if I come across like that. I've spent nearly 40 years dealing with how my brain works, I know that there will always be those who simply don't care or more commonly, are too bog average to even consider how their actions effect others.

I agree with you wholeheartedly and was just teasing your outrage because you’re always so mellow

I left the city because I can’t tolerate the same things you despise (plus I’m not a fan of humans in general) - that said I love loud music but fortunately my neighbours are far away.

54T is louder, I did this upgrade .

Seriously !!!  Well ....  though luck then, I will be joining the noise crowd   :clap:

Too much of a good thing is not good. I like my Rapide rear hub because it is quite loud, but not so loud that it drowns the sound of my tyres scrabbling for grip. A happy medium IMO. 

Firstly, how dare you! 

last I checked this thread is about bicycle hubs, not weird psychological conditions triggered by motor bikes and cars - no need to get personal

It has been touched on...but if you dont like load hubs you are confessing to either not doing this when you were a kid, or only starting your riding career after school

too true - and then having to explain why the only pack of bicycle playing cards had 37 cards when the family wanted to play rummy!  good times. 

too true - and then having to explain why the only pack of bicycle playing cards had 37 cards when the family wanted to play rummy! good times.

Playing cards were for rookies, we used cut up yoghurt cups. Louder and lasted longer.

The neighborhood must have hated us.

Playing cards were for rookies, we used cut up yoghurt cups. Louder and lasted longer.

A Floro margarine tub, covered an entire gang.

54T is louder, I did this upgrade .

I totally get that the frequency of the noise will increase since the # of teeth goes from 18 to 54 (more teeth to join the party :rolleyes:) per one revolution.  The amplitude however should decrease since the 54T is not as "deep" as the 18T -> less time/distance to accelerate -> less noise per tooth.

The combined effect must then be worse, more little noises surpass less loud noises  ;) .

I hope you did not live in Muzies

I totally get that the frequency of the noise will increase since the # of teeth goes from 18 to 54 (more teeth to join the party :rolleyes:) per one revolution.  The amplitude however should decrease since the 54T is not as "deep" as the 18T -> less time/distance to accelerate -> less noise per tooth.

The combined effect must then be worse, more little noises surpass less loud noises  ;) .

The teeth dont make the noise