to the guy i lent my pump to at hazeldean (sorted thanks)

brad890

I know this is a shot in the dark, i did the 70km hazeldean this weekend and lent my pump to a guy along the route on the 70km for a mate who had a slow puncture along the route, so lent it to him, and he said he'd meet me at the finish, so thought what the hell knew i probably wouldn't see the pump again (wasn't anything fancy)

so if your on the hub, it would be nice to get it back. but if not oh well

Ok Sorted thanks, was handed to organizers but wasn't around as was feeling sick :(

but :thumbup: for the effort on getting it back unknown rider

Edited by brad890

I once lent a pump to one of the ladies in an MTB race in KZN. Afterwards, I had to ask the compere to ask for that person to return it via him. Not a chance. Then I saw her get called up as one of the top finishers, so I went up to her. She gave it back without a word of thanks. Ungrateful...

I also borrowed a person A tube once very fancy 90 bucks one.

He told me that he would give it back to me at the finish...

When I finally spotted him he told me it got punctured and he chucked it...

didn't offer to buy and new one and didn't even say "thanks" what and noob.

The next weight weenie who asks me for something that he didn't bring along the route I am going to look him clearly in the eyes and say "F*&% OFF" but I would anytime borrow and pump or tube to someone he ses

"a Mate can I please borrow and pump mine broke or a mate can I please borrow and tube I all ready used my spare and it has and puncture" but those weight weenies that don't take and bomb because it is going to slow the down 0.2 seconds irritate the crap out of me!

yeah, it does sound like the water bottle thread maybe even the wig one :blink:

yip it pretty much does seem like those threads lol, but thought it would be worth a try anyway :P

:D How about we open a fundraiser to raise R60 for a new pump :D

**One happy hubber coming up** :thumbup:

OH BOY. here we go

one can never say that you dont get some interesting comments/ people here on hub. :lol:

Edited by brad890

Hows THIS for AwEsOmE and I mean this MOST sincerely.... just in case the gent in question is here on thehub...

I gave a lady a quicklink when her chain broke. Her hubby turned around, came back to see what the problem was and said to me "I will get youa replacement". I was like dont stress its a nothing little link......

a moth later, stadning in the start chute, the gentleman comes up to me and says, been looking for you the last couple of weeks..... here is you replacement quicklink!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

THE coolest of coolest things ever... DAMN impressed with the Cape Town Roadies... they rock and I will miss the guys LANK!!!

I also borrowed a person A tube once very fancy 90 bucks one.

He told me that he would give it back to me at the finish...

When I finally spotted him he told me it got punctured and he chucked it...

didn't offer to buy and new one and didn't even say "thanks" what and noob.

The next weight weenie who asks me for something that he didn't bring along the route I am going to look him clearly in the eyes and say "F*&% OFF" but I would anytime borrow and pump or tube to someone he ses

"a Mate can I please borrow and pump mine broke or a mate can I please borrow and tube I all ready used my spare and it has and puncture" but those weight weenies that don't take and bomb because it is going to slow the down 0.2 seconds irritate the crap out of me!

I appologise for the spare carrying reluctantness of those of my ilk.

I do however take enough spares with me - lube, tyre boot, tube, co2, plugs, multi-tool, quick link, tyre levers etc.

Threw my tube to a guy in the short Lionman who was walking lastyear

Paying it forward I say :thumbup:

I once lent a guy a quicklink during the race, and he promised that he woudl bring it back afterwards... waited nearly an hour. Just about to give up and be dissappointed in my fellow MTB community, and he rocks up with R50 to replace my link. This was great.

HOWEVER, if you really come unprepared for your race, don't expect others to help you. Make sure you have your own pump, quicklink, tube, patches etc.

And, if you decide to lend your stuff to someone you don't know, make sure you do it with the expectation to never get it back. Everyone look different without a helmet and glasses... And if you do get it back, it's great, but if not, well, you did not expect it back in any case.

Just my 5c worth...

Threads like these are why I will only assist to the bare min at a race and will never loan stuff. Enough individuals ruin it for us by doing a race without the required basics and not playing in good faith when other loan them stuff.

I believe in paying it forward but still judge each time your required to be the good Samaritan.