Tiny K

Who's in (or out)?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in?

• Not interested
    • Keen but no team
    • Team sorted and ready to roll
    • Can't - got work / family commitments

It is that time of year again when guys start getting teams together for this epic road race - so the question is - who is doing it?

The event page - http://www.coronationdc.co.za/

I though it would be great for guy from the hub to connect before, during or after the event. See who is who in this zoo.

This can also be a space for people to find teams maybe? (I know I am looking for one). I know of a few teams that are already training so I know the thoughts of the race are out there. Maybe post where you are and what time you are capable of doing the ride in - then maybe you can find a group of guys in the area that are looking at entering :thumbup: or just mail the organisers (closer to the time) that you are looking for a team - I know a few ppl got entries this way last year.

Just for the fun of it, I'll add a poll :D

Edited by SirK

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am looking for a chilled team in CT - dunno what time to aim for. Did a suuuuuuper slow recreational ride last year in 9hrs..... def want to go faster than that! Argus was sub 3 and most likely gonna be in group F/G in the PPA alphabet soup.

Lemmie know if you have space, or need a 13th man (for just incase). I got into my team last year because of a falling out of a few members. So I scored there :thumbup:

We are putting a team together, still not finalised, but we will be there on the 26th :clap:

My favorite road race/ride.

Our team is almost sorted and will be ready to go for our 4th DC!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I will be riding again. Done 6 so far.

Not sure if I will make the cut for my regular team - they are upping the pace quite a bit this year.

So I might be looking for a team in the coming months.

Target time? Around 7 hours.

I'd really like to do it - hoping to get into a team somehow. First have to see whether I survive Karoo to Coast. :rolleyes:

the DC has already been discussed at some length amongst our crowd, and the plan is to enter a mixed team with a range of abilities from 3h Argus to more recreational cyclists. I'm trying to arrange kit and sponsorship at the moment, really looking forward to my first ever DC!

the DC has already been discussed at some length amongst our crowd, and the plan is to enter a mixed team with a range of abilities from 3h Argus to more recreational cyclists. I'm trying to arrange kit and sponsorship at the moment, really looking forward to my first ever DC!

Just make sure everybody is on the same page with regards to the time you want to do, because a team of mixed abilities is sometimes a dangerous thing to do! Then work out the splits for your target. 3h Argus guy might want to push harder (intentionally or not)/not do it in 9h where the slower guys might want to take it easier/not be able to go fast.

Guest agteros

Ok, I WAS in a team but then decided to rather focus my energies on a fast 21.1km race. So I opted out/resigned, asked the cycling coach not to send me my weekly training program, and now I'm a runner.

Going faster on a bike I realised was not as important, nor as good for the ego as going faster on my feet.

Still need to finish up the single speed for the odd fun ride...

Just make sure everybody is on the same page with regards to the time you want to do, because a team of mixed abilities is sometimes a dangerous thing to do! Then work out the splits for your target. 3h Argus guy might want to push harder (intentionally or not)/not do it in 9h where the slower guys might want to take it easier/not be able to go fast.

i completely hear you and we've all agreed to team up on the basis that its a social ride that we can share the enjoyment of together, not a "push until the weakest member is dropped" ride. I thought the social/team aspect was the essential spirit of the DC anyway, not an out and out race?

anyway training begins this weekend with the knysna double header :)

Edited by touristvisa

who fancies a full days ride out in the sun/wind/rain/snow/hail/flood ... or whatever weather comes our way.

Ok, I WAS in a team but then decided to rather focus my energies on a fast 21.1km race. So I opted out/resigned, asked the cycling coach not to send me my weekly training program, and now I'm a runner.

Going faster on a bike I realised was not as important, nor as good for the ego as going faster on my feet.

Still need to finish up the single speed for the odd fun ride...

How come you get weekly training programs and I dont :angry:

Guest agteros

How come you get weekly training programs and I dont :angry:

It was from somebody NOT affiliated to the ASGR team. Personal training/coach who helped me a stack, got good results with only cycling 3x week (2x of those being on the IDT). Lemme know if you want to go that route ;) Somebody on the team might atest better than what I'll be able to.

It was from somebody NOT affiliated to the ASGR team. Personal training/coach who helped me a stack, got good results with only cycling 3x week (2x of those being on the IDT). Lemme know if you want to go that route ;) Somebody on the team might atest better than what I'll be able to.

Yes Please Oxman :thumbup: Need all the help I can get at this stage ;) :blush:

who fancies a full days ride out in the sun/wind/rain/snow/hail/flood ... or whatever weather comes our way.

Who doesnt? Best way to enjoy a day ... on the bike with your buddies!

If the weather bothers you, learn to dress for the occasion.

There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!

• 3 weeks later...