JD Bug

Berg Man

I want to get my daughter a JD BUG for her birthday. I believe there is new one out. Any idea where I could find online info for this, or at least some pictures?

I want to get my daughter a JD BUG for her birthday. I believe there is new one out. Any idea where I could find online info for this, or at least some pictures?

How old is your daughter? Do you want to buy the kickbike or the pedal bike. The pedal bike is not a very good option as it has pedals that drive a roller that presses on the wheel.

I purchased my Grandson the Avalance Kickbike. They were almost ZAR800.00 at Toys R Us but I got exakkertly the same one at Cycle House in Pretoria for less than ZAR 200-00. Speak to Anton there.

Here is a piccie of my Grandson on the bike -

post-24908-0-85627200-1309261267.jpg

The same as Checkers hyper sell "JD Bugs" under different name for about R300.00, it even has a JD bug on the saddle

The same as Checkers hyper sell "JD Bugs" under different name for about R300.00, it even has a JD bug on the saddle

from what age can you use these?

Chubba, I would say you are too old for one I am afraid! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Scooterza

Chubba, I would say you are too old for one I am afraid! rolleyes.gif

I don’t think so, need to get the training wheels off my bike, reckon this is a good next step!

post-12790-0-66186400-1309263161.jpg

My Grandson in the picture above is two years old next month. We had to cut a piece off the seat tube and the pipe holding the seat. At the price of ZAR 195 I purchased him another one to use when he grows. The Pink Baby will inherit these soon.

Remember small children differ a lot, like grownups

Edited by eccentric1

My Grandson in the picture above is two years old next month. We had to cut a piece off the seat tube and the pipe holding the seat. At the price of ZAR 195 I purchased him another one to use when he grows. The Pink Baby will inherit these soon.

Remember small children differ a lot, like grownups

He has a y-bike, but i think this would be better for him and at R195 you can’t go wrong.

He is two in August so might have to make some adjustments, as he is not the tallest fellow around.

My son got his too late in life, he was three, my daughter is 2 and she is almost, almost mobile. The JD Bug is by far the best gigt I even got my lightie, the build quality is awesome and will see my daughter through and still be good to go. The best range of JD Bugs is Sportsmans www.swh.co.za there is a new pink bike out which is nice for the girls, but i would suggest the green and white one, cos if the girl is done with it and you have another son later he can use it, real boys dont ride pink bikes.

The new JD Bug Trainer is called the "First Bike"

First Bike Image

We imported this, along with the original trainer, and believe it's better colour and look for the girls. We'll be doing this in the boys colours soon too. Main difference is a stronger, more streamlined frame, height adjustable handlebars and longer saddle. Here are the posts from our Blog. There are availible from most cycle and sports stores.

http://dragonsza.blogspot.com/2011/03/jd-bug-is-winner.html

http://dragonsza.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-jd-bug-trainer-bikes.html

Note: there are parrallel importers and copies, as mentioned above, but we at least carry spares and parts for the stores that order our products.

LD Bugs are the way to go for getting kids mobile on 2 wheels.

My boy got his when he was 2, but he was a bit short.

Someone showed me how to turn the frame over so it was lower. Brilliant!

(remove the fork and seat pin, flip the frame upside down and re-install)

Apart from lowering the bike, it also makes the wheelbase longer and more stable.

His transition to a pedal bike was very quick.

Now time for his sister to follow in his tracks.

He has a y-bike, but i think this would be better for him and at R195 you can’t go wrong.

He is two in August so might have to make some adjustments, as he is not the tallest fellow around.

My Granson has a Y-bike as well, he prefers it inside as he cannot build up that much speed outside as with the new bike. Rowwe klein blixem! :lol: :lol:

Here's the JD Bug.

http://dragonsza.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-jd-bug-trainer-bikes.html

I like the new little KTM plastic ones...Ratty's kid has one..any idea how much they go for?

I just have an idea I will be able to buy four Avalanche Zoom push bikes for the price of one JD Bug. That will give me enough sparesfor the very short lifetime the kids are going to use these bikes. By the time they outgrow this I will buy my grandson one of the Avalanche Minimax bikes that has a real chain and wheels.