Alpen Tour

Longbarn Killer

Did anybody catch the ALpen Tour on Supercycling last week. What amazed me was that the majority of the riders (probably 90% or more) were riding on 26inch Hardtails. Has the 29er craze not hit Europe or do their pros know something that ours don't?

You could count on your one hand the number of full suspension and/or 29ers that were there.

Did anybody catch the ALpen Tour on Supercycling last week. What amazed me was that the majority of the riders (probably 90% or more) were riding on 26inch Hardtails. Has the 29er craze not hit Europe or do their pros know something that ours don't?

You could count on your one hand the number of full suspension and/or 29ers that were there.

I have seen very few 29ers here but most guys have a cyclo cross bike and you see many of them at mtb races.

They are way behind. Besides the fact that the race is mostly uphill might have something to do with it, despite the fact that the TT was won by a rider on a 29er...