Triathlone Coach / Trainer

I have decided to do the half Ironman in Jan 2012 - the cycling bit will be easy for me - but thinking I need some assistance in setting up a programme for training and someone to monitor my progress. Do not want to loose my MTB fitness as still my primary sport of choice.

Wanting to look at things like HR, strength and VO2.

Can anyone suggest a good coach / trainer in the JHB area who will draw up a specific programme for me and monitor my progress?

I have decided to do the half Ironman in Jan 2012 - the cycling bit will be easy for me - but thinking I need some assistance in setting up a programme for training and someone to monitor my progress. Do not want to loose my MTB fitness as still my primary sport of choice.

Can anyone suggest a good coach / trainer in the JHB area who will draw up a specific programme for me and monitor my progress?

I am a sport scientist/conditioning coach in Potch, but I have a lot of clients in JHB, Roodepoort, Randburg, etc. I monitor them weekly via email. So I can provide the same services for you as well. Contact me at maryke.verster87@gmail.com if you are interested!

Maryke

Do you want to compete or complete? If it is complete then I would say you really don't need a coach for a HIM. It is not a massive challenge for someone who is already bike fit so I would probably save my money. All you need to do, to do relatively well is 6-8 hours a week of training a week, comprising of something along the line of

2 rides - 1 long (3 hours) and 1 short (1 hour flat out)

2 runs - 1 long (1 hour plus) and 1 short (45 min)

2 swims - 1500m-2000m for both

if you've already got decent base fitness from cycling then the hard work is done and if mountain biking is your sport of choice you could do all you cycle training off road, no problem.

The only place I would caution you is with running, build that up slowly if you don't have a decent running base as running tends to cause a lot of injuries.

As you are based in the Fourways area, I'd go with Trigeek's suggestion of Lucie Reed (Zelenkova).

PM me for her cell number and email address.

I have been working with Donovan van Gelder(Cybercoach) and my cycling has definately improved. Give him a try