Bryton 50 purchase

I purchased the above product from Evans Cycles in the UK.It was delivered very quickly but firstly there was no SD card as promised and secondly,it does not come with a South African map.

On querying them they said it can be downloaded from their site (BrytonSports).To my dismay,this costs EUR69.

I have been in contact with their support team but so far with little result.

Has anyone else purchased one of these units and if so,how did you get these issues resolved!

I purchased the above product from Evans Cycles in the UK.It was delivered very quickly but firstly there was no SD card as promised and secondly,it does not come with a South African map.

On querying them they said it can be downloaded from their site (BrytonSports).To my dismay,this costs EUR69.

I have been in contact with their support team but so far with little result.

Has anyone else purchased one of these units and if so,how did you get these issues resolved!

All the gps units are loaded with a base map only, same thing with the Garmin Edge 800, full maps must be downloaded. Waiting on the delivery om my Edge 800, maps come with an extra price tag of about R1000.

Purchased a Bryton 50 a few weeks back. It arrived with the SD card and a CD with various countries including South Africa which I loaded. The software needs some polishing and appears to still be the beta version and is regularly updated and improved. The application is fairly straight forward, once you have worked out what and how - after a call to their call centre.

My only query is the altitude gains as I seem to run about 10% more than the garmins but it is good for the ego. All things considered a bargin at the price and would be interesting to see how much you LegTrap saved by purchasing out the UK vesus a LBS.

• 1 year later...