Light race tires ,

Guest Iron

Ok so i know this topic has been covered but want my own one .

Im building a light set of race wheels and want to know what you all think will be the best light tires to use ( cost not important ) .Must be tubeless or be able to be run tubeless.

The rims are Stans ZTR Alpine's so would be nice if anyone has had experience with good tires that fit well.

Thanks

Edited by Iron

Ok so i know this topic has been covered but want my own one .

Im building a light set of race wheels and want to know what you all think will be the best light tires to use ( cost not important ) .Must be tubeless or be able to be run tubeless.

The rims are Stans ZTR Alpine's so would be nice if anyone has had experience with good tires that fit well.

Thanks

Specialized Renegade Control 2Bliss for light weight, grip and durability at about 500g, or Rubena Zefyros at 450g for light weight and a bit of grip only.

Rocket Ron's EVO. Very lightweight, but not to reliable. Excellent grip etc. The best competition tyre.

Edited by Vivster

Specialized Renegade Control 2Bliss for light weight, grip and durability at about 500g,

What is the grip like in technical single track , i have been on Race Kings ( any advise on the difference ? )

Specialized The Captain Control 2Bliss on the front and Specialized Fast Track 2Bliss on the back.

Rocket Ron's EVO. Very lightweight, but not to reliable. Excellent grip etc. The best competition tyre.

The " not to reliable " is a concern .

Thanks though

Edited by Iron

Those look cool , a bit chunky .any idea where I can see them up in jhb ?

Had a look at a pair of specialized renegades and those are the shizzz I think , the proof will come in the ride though.

Thanks for your input

Edited by Iron

how about the schwalbe racing ralph? they are super fast and as far as i know pretty light. most pros use them at the epic...

Just wanted to look dude , so please dont stress too much, they look too chunky for me.

Edited by Iron

how about the schwalbe racing ralph? they are super fast and as far as i know pretty light. most pros use them at the epic...

I had a pair of these and struggled with them on the tubeless setup , they dont hold air well ( as they ment to run with tubes ) and the side wall are like paper, but yes i agree with you they are very light!

I have narrowed a list of what i think are good for me based on durability , speed , grip XC racing/marathons and tubeless running.

Conti Race kings ust's ( been using these for a while and the great , just a bit heavy )

Conti Race king Protections ( running these as we speak but they not tubeless and dont hold air well , but they light )

Specialized Renagades 2bliss ( like these )

Kenda small block 8's ( i bit heavy . more than the Conti's )

Just wanted to see what you other dudes like using .

Edited by Iron

I had a pair of these and struggled with them on the tubeless setup , they dont hold air well ( as they ment to run with tubes ) and the side wall are like paper, but yes i agree with you they are very light!

are you sure...i meant to say the racing ralph snakeskin ones. i run them on my bike tubeless. i put them on. put sealant in. pumped once and nothing after that. works pretty darn well.

happy hunting

are you sure...i meant to say the racing ralph snakeskin ones. i run them on my bike tubeless. i put them on. put sealant in. pumped once and nothing after that. works pretty darn well.

happy hunting

Ah , never tried those just had the normal rocket rons.

Thanks