Specialized SL4

Eugene

Can someone explain the difference between the Venge and SL4??

Any know why Specialized teamed up with Mclaren to produce this machine?

post-16243-0-42726900-1309446642.jpg

Is it used by 'Berto and Saxobank this year already?

I missed the bikes at the team presentations today...

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2011/06/23/1308843446894-1pnfdwadnh8pb-800-75.jpg

Can someone explain the difference between the Venge and SL4??

Any know why Specialized teamed up with Mclaren to produce this machine?

Venge is for sprinters and breakaway artists - aero bike and super stiff. SL4 is a general racing bike and has a lighter frame.

I think the Mclaren hookup was a marketing gimmick and perhaps secondary to that, a chance to benefit from their experience with aerodynamics and wind tunnel testing.

Looks like a SL3 with a new paint job. Not too exciting.

The changes are more subtle - around the fork and other bits like that.

I like Specialized, but they are getting a bit boring now. The Venge looks nice, but too heavy and expensive so the Scott Foil is a much better alternative. The SL2, SL3 and SL4 are all very similar and it a bit like BMW, where they change their models all the time by just changing a bumber or lights, etc.

I am sure they can do better - in fact I expected better.

I like Specialized, but they are getting a bit boring now. The Venge looks nice, but too heavy and expensive so the Scott Foil is a much better alternative. The SL2, SL3 and SL4 are all very similar and it a bit like BMW, where they change their models all the time by just changing a bumber or lights, etc.

I am sure they can do better - in fact I expected better.

They must be selling lots with so many in the pro peloton riding them, including the top riders.

Ja, same like Trek when Lance was winning on it. Makes me wonder id everyone will buy Raleigh if the pro teams used it?

Edited by Complete - Cyclist HB

Ja, same like Trek when Lance was winning on it. Makes me wonder id everyone will buy Raleigh if the pro teams used it?

When Microsoft and later MTN won everything in sight on their Raleighs, everybody did buy Raleighs. The only reason people stopped buying Raleighs is because Probike thought they were clever and started increasing their profit margins to the point that Raleighs were just plain expensive. Even though they realised their mistake and dropped the prices, the reputation of being godd quality at good prices was gone.

Maybe they need to sponsor another pro team and try to get some of that reputation back. That is unlikely though, it seems that Probike is putting all their effort into Scott now that Scott seems to have some sort of ownership of Probike.