Giving back to progression

(Deon)

Nah, this doesn't need to be a poll. I just want to show my appreciation for the discipline of Downhill! This sport has risen so fast to the top of event calendars, it is bewildering... and to think we [sA] have some of the best riders, blows me away.

Now don't get me wrong, XC has and will always be a premium event, but it is only fitting that it shares some of the limelight with it's equal!

To all the SA representatives excelling worldwide in MTB, well done guys!

to infinity and beyond...

..and back.. What? did I just bump my own thread?

Seriously, look at these all-mountain bikes.. slimmed down DH rigs! That sport has pushed everyone's riding in a really short space of time.. the final frontier.

Hydraulic brakes, front and rear suspension, riser bars, knee & elbow pads, big Nevegals, through axle, can-do attitude, those are the everyday things I take for granted on my trailbike, and they all came my way via downhill.

..and back.. What? did I just bump my own thread?

Seriously, look at these all-mountain bikes.. slimmed down DH rigs! That sport has pushed everyone's riding in a really short space of time.. the final frontier.

Hydraulic brakes, front and rear suspension, riser bars, knee & elbow pads, big Nevegals, through axle, can-do attitude, those are the everyday things I take for granted on my trailbike, and they all came my way via downhill.

Igggzackertally!

My weirwolfs, riser bars (soon to be) shortened stem, carbon-reinforced gloves and soon to be reincarnated Wellgo flat pedals.

Damn. Mine doesn't sound nearly as good.

Igggzackertally!

My weirwolfs, riser bars (soon to be) shortened stem, carbon-reinforced gloves and soon to be reincarnated Wellgo flat pedals.

Damn. Mine doesn't sound nearly as good.

I'll give it a go.

Ah, 32 mm wide rims, Fox 36.. I love you guys!

(my wife better not see this thread!)

Forgot about the armoured full finger gloves and the wrist guards (I make my living with my hands, and a bit of brains too.)

Ack!

Forgot about the lock-on grips & tubeless conversions

yes indeed, this sport has given a lot.

Ack!

Forgot about the lock-on grips & tubeless conversions

Tubeless from downhill? Thought those were invented by the weight weenie racing snakes.