HELP!! Classified Notifications

Wannabe

As of this morning I get notified of ALL CLASSIFIED postings.

My inbox is crammed full of the stuff. I did not knowingly tick a box or subscribed to this. Is it a glitch or what?

Anybody knows how to stop this?

As of this morning I get notified of ALL CLASSIFIED postings.

My inbox is crammed full of the stuff. I did not knowingly tick a box or subscribed to this. Is it a glitch or what?

Anybody knows how to stop this?

Hi Wannabe,

As Tankman mentioned, an update was made last night to correct notification settings for Classifieds.

You're probably Subscribed to a number of categories which means you'll get an email for each new ad posted.

You can manage category subscriptions here: https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/manage/subs/cats/

You can also watch individual ads to be notified of new comments. You can manage watched ads here: https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/manage/subs/ads/

Hope this helps smile.gif

Hmmm

I also haven't been getting email alerts of replies to PM.

Just have to keep an eye on that tiny red magafti in the top right hand tucked away corner.

?????? Gremlins ?????

Hmmm

I also haven't been getting email alerts of replies to PM.

Just have to keep an eye on that tiny red magafti in the top right hand tucked away corner.

?????? Gremlins ?????

No Gremlins, just a setting.

Your profile shows that email alerts of new PMs are not enabled.

You have manage all alerts via My Settings under the user menu: https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

Just tick the email box for 'Notify me when I receive a new personal conversation' and any others you'd like.

• 3 months later...

Placed an ad in classifieds. A few Hubbers replied and I was able to view and reply - I received e-mail notification thereof . For the last week or so, I have been receiving e-mail notifications of replies to my post, but it doesn't show up on the actual post?? I am therefore not able to reply to any offers made. Can anyone help. PM'e Admin but no reply.....

My link

Edited by Noneking

Placed an ad in classifieds. A few Hubbers replied and I was able to view and reply - I received e-mail notification thereof . For the last week or so, I have been receiving e-mail notifications of replies to my post, but it doesn't show up on the actual post?? I am therefore not able to reply to any offers made. Can anyone help. PM'e Admin but no reply.....

My link

Hi Noneking,

My apologies for not replying to your PM sooner.

You may be receiving emails from interested parties rather than comments on the advert itself. If you've added your email address to the advert users will be able to email you directly in addition to comments on the ad and PM's.

You’ll note the difference based on the email subject:

• Comments on the ad: “A new comment has been left on ______”
  • Emails from the ad: “Reply to your _______ ad on The Hub”

Emails from the ad won’t appear as notifications or be stored anywhere on The Hub. These will only appear in your email inbox and should be replied to directly.

I know the distinction isn't that obvious - it's something we will be improving on.

I hope this answers your question, please let me know if you still have trouble.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Noneking,

My apologies for not replying to your PM sooner.

You may be receiving emails from interested parties rather than comments on the advert itself. If you've added your email address to the advert users will be able to email you directly in addition to comments on the ad and PM's.

You’ll note the difference based on the email subject:

• Comments on the ad: “A new comment has been left on ______”
  • Emails from the ad: “Reply to your _______ ad on The Hub”

Emails from the ad won’t appear as notifications or be stored anywhere on The Hub. These will only appear in your email inbox and should be replied to directly.

I know the distinction isn't that obvious - it's something we will be improving on.

I hope this answers your question, please let me know if you still have trouble.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt,

Not sure I understand how to reply directly to e-mail as I can't see a link. If I click on the link in the email, it just takes me back to the ad? Do hubbers have to supply e-mails address in their message or do I reply to the email directly?

Thanks Matt,

Not sure I understand how to reply directly to e-mail as I can't see a link. If I click on the link in the email, it just takes me back to the ad? Do hubbers have to supply e-mails address in their message or do I reply to the email directly?

You can reply to the email directly. The hubber would have supplied their email address when sending the email. Although the notification email comes from "thehubsa.co.za" the Reply-to email address will be theirs. So if you hit reply in your email client it should bring up their address.

You can reply to the email directly. The hubber would have supplied their email address when sending the email. Although the notification email comes from "thehubsa.co.za" the Reply-to email address will be theirs. So if you hit reply in your email client it should bring up their address.

Thanks Matt!

• 4 years later...