[Event] Logwood Classic

DonB

Event Name: Logwood Classic
When: 10 July 2011
Where: Nooitgedacht (Muldersdrift area), Gauteng
Category: MTB

Join us at one of Gauteng’s most established races to date. The organisers have yet another trump card up their sleeves by taking part of the existing route and adding some interesting new bits for 2011 which is nothing short of sublime! Our trusty course designer has pulled out all the stops and the route boasts loads of awesome single track, jeep track, drop offs, technical ascents and white knuckle descents.

We have a 68km marathon (with one start loop and two laps), a 38km half-marathon (with one start loop and one lap). The start loop is 7.5km long and is there to break up the riders by the time they reach the taxidermist and Erich's Zuchspitze. This immediately adds the excitement factor that the usual 3 km uphill at the end, now becomes a downhill almost straight after the start, ensuring easy passing and no bottlenecking.

The route is suited for beginners right through to the seasoned mountain biker. The event will be a superb test of rider's skills and fitness due to the variety of course conditions that comprise of fast downhills, exciting bunny hop sections, rollercoaster single tracks which twist and turn through the countryside. The last jaunt through the Logwood Village will lead you back to the start to complete the lap. The Classic will do 2 laps and the half-marathon 1 lap. The Fun ride is once again a separate route through the Nooitgedacht countryside, suitable for family riders and kids.

While working away at whichever distance you have chosen, allow a smile in acknowledgment that your entry fee and all proceeds are donated to Logwood Village, which is a home for the mentally challenged.

Go to Event Page