Are we all that bad at cycling

dutchMan

The guy is Danish and the son of renowned dope fiend Riis. Not only has is he likely to have been cycling around for transport his whole life, he has elite sporting genes and all the right contacts to turbo-charge his performance and not get caught.

By 'cycling seriously' he means doing it to earn cash. Doesn't mean he hasn't been riding 10 hours a week since the age of 12.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

The guy is Danish and the son of renowned dope fiend Riis.

So is it considered cycling or peddling? Get it? Peddling, ha!

I crack me up! HA!

So is it considered cycling or peddling? Get it? Peddling, ha!

I crack me up! HA!

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sooooo.... :unsure:

Riis owns Saxo Bank-Sungard.....the same team Dopador is riding for? Yes? :wacko:

Interesting coincidence... :devil:

Riis owns Saxo Bank-Sungard.....the same team Dopador is riding for? Yes? :wacko:

Nearly all pro tour managers at the big teams are ex dopers - Kim Anderson at Leopard Trek, Riis, Johan "The Hog" Bruyneel at R/Shack/Astana/Postal, Vaughters at Garmin.. the list goes on. It's the rule rather than the exception.

Nearly all pro tour managers at the big teams are ex dopers - Kim Anderson at Leopard Trek, Riis, Johan "The Hog" Bruyneel at R/Shack/Astana/Postal, Vaughters at Garmin.. the list goes on. It's the rule rather than the exception.

Ah...whic is why I heard something about them wanting to stop dopers from getting involved in cycling even on management level... :thumbup:

Vaughters? Really? I remember him quitting a tour cause he wouldn't take a cortisone shot for the wasp sting in his eye. Never heard of him en dopage?

F*&k me! Did you only just now connect the dots? no wonder they call half the members here ostriches. Or were you being facetious?

F*&k me! Did you only just now connect the dots? no wonder they call half the members here ostriches. Or were you being facetious?

Too lazy to drag my fluey derriere to bed... :rolleyes:

Too lazy to drag my fluey derriere to bed... :rolleyes:

I met a guy today who has swine flu. He needs oinkment. Lucky he doesn't have bird flu, cause then he'd have to get the correct tweetment.

I met a guy today who has swine flu. He needs oinkment. Lucky he doesn't have bird flu, cause then he'd have to get the correct tweetment.

That was funny...I am stealing it for my vuisboek if you don't mind.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vaughters? Really? I remember him quitting a tour cause he wouldn't take a cortisone shot for the wasp sting in his eye. Never heard of him en dopage?

He was never caught, but his IM conversation with Frankie Andreu about doping at Postal included the words "it's not like I never played with the 'hot sauce'" with the presumption being he was talking about EPO. In 1999 he set a new climbing record up Ventoux, but claimed retrospectively that he wasn't proud at the time. The record stood until 2004 when Iban Mayo beat it. Of course Mayo was done later for EPO, got a 2 year ban and retired.

"I felt okay. I wasn't ecstatic," he demurred. "Well, for sure, it was the best form of my life as a bike rider, but I wasn't... I was just sort of... I will leave it at this; I wasn't overly pleased with that victory. It was interesting to me. It answered a lot of questions. But it wasn't the most ecstatic moment of my life by any means."

So I guess Vaughters is ambivalent at best about doping. He is riding the 'clean team' ticket with Garmin, but simultaneously seems to go along with the omerta, whilst encouraging Floyd to spill his guts.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

Nearly all pro tour managers at the big teams are ex dopers - Kim Anderson at Leopard Trek

So that's why I didn't get the job then :D

Ah...whic is why I heard something about them wanting to stop dopers from getting involved in cycling even on management level... :thumbup:

Yes, the UCI is moving to prevent ex-dopers from getting Directeur Sportif licenses in Pro Tour teams. It won't affect the current crop of DS'es though, otherwise they'd nearly all be out of a job.