Pinarello frame sizes vs Other

Bianchisti

Why when I get sized up for a Pinarello does the recommended size (in a Pinarello frame) comes out smaller than what I am used to. I am 1.78m in my sox and inseam of 0.8m and they tell me I should go for a 54cm when "normal" frame is a 56.

Dont think the bent bits will make a difference to the distance between the bars and the seat so comfort in the "cockpit" shouldnt be affected. It might effect the "wheelbase" but I have no idea what consequences that might have, if any.

Simple - Pinarello ,measures and sizes their bikes center to center on the seat tube. Most others measure top tube.

You will find that you do not officially get a size 54 Pinarello (only the Chinese knockoffs are 54cm) A size 53 (or 530 as they call it, has a 54cm (c to c) top tube i.e. 55/56 top tube compared to other bikes.

So a size 53 Pina = 55/56 in most other bikes...

Traditional sizing vs compact sizing. The 56 pinarello is indeed 56cm on the top tube but if you measure centre of bb to top tube you will get 58cm. This is similar for most traditional frame sizes. Bent bids are of no consequence.

Traditional sizing vs compact sizing. The 56 pinarello is indeed 56cm on the top tube but if you measure centre of bb to top tube you will get 58cm. This is similar for most traditional frame sizes. Bent bids are of no consequence.

You sure about that - My bike has a 54 cm top tube but a 53cm seat tube?? Maybe you got it the wrong way around?

Dont think the bent bits will make a difference to the distance between the bars and the seat so comfort in the "cockpit" shouldnt be affected. It might effect the "wheelbase" but I have no idea what consequences that might have, if any.

I beg to differ, Most Pinarellos come out in a 54 which is almost equivalent to a compact 56cm with a slightly shorter top tube (55.7cm)

Hi Bontie,

I just checked the Dogma geometry chart. The Dogma 54 has a 56cm seat tube and 55cm top tube.

Hi TMobile

In case it is of help: I am 186cm with 86cm inseam, and ride a 56cm Pina with 120mm stem. If anything, a 110mm stem could have been sufficient for me. Your personal geometry, flexibility, preference, etc may naturally differ.

Hi Bontie,

I just checked the Dogma geometry chart. The Dogma 54 has a 56cm seat tube and 55cm top tube.

Cheers, I was referring to the center to center measurement to the center of the top tube/seat tube joint and you checked to the top of the seat tube clamp...All good :-) The OP should sort out what top tube length he wants and look at the geo charts.

Thanks for this guys. I guess what it means is that if I'm 86cm in-seam (x 0.65) will get me to 55.9 which will prolly be a size 56 or 56cm TT bike in most brands. But in Pina that will translate into a size 55 which has a TT of 55.7cm. Right? But I could also be a size 54 Pina which has a TT of 55cm and a seat tube of 56.

I'm wondering if you gonna use one measurement only and its gonna be the TT measurement, on the Pina you only really gonna go one size smaller than other brands assuming all the others call their size (ie: 56) the measurement of the TT (ie:56cm)

T-Mobile - At 1.78m the 54 sounds like the size to go for. Get it fitted and decide the stem length and height on the basis of the fitting.

T-Mobile - At 1.78m the 54 sounds like the size to go for. Get it fitted and decide the stem length and height on the basis of the fitting.

Hi there, if you want to make 100% sure call Hanco Kachelhofer (team Bonitas) for a professional measurement and setup. They use DOGMA for the team so good guy to ask: email him at hanco@langesports.co.za

Good luck!

ag