Fox 36 settings

banna

Is anyone riding with a Fox 36 (either a FLoat or Talas)? I just got a Float 36 last week and I wanna know what air pressure and rebound settings you are riding with. I weigh 90kg, so the suggested air pressure per Fox website is 75 psi, but I rode with it over the weekend like that and it didn't feel as supple as I was expecting. Took a few small jumps/drops and it was miles away from bottoming out. I run the rebound quite quick (3 clicks from fastest setting). Shall I just drop it by 10 psi and try again?

Is it a new fork? Float or Talas? Which Year model?

Ditch the website settings.

Sag: 40mm [that's 25%] If it's new run it softer the first month so the will brake in properly. You'll know when that has happened. Take it to the trail then and set it up as it should be.

Rebound: Can't remember how many there are, but if its ten set it on 4 from slowest. In other words 40%. One would normally run rebound as slow as it can go, not as fast as it can. Please note that when I say "as slow as it can go" I don't mean set it to 0 or something like that. What I mean is set above where it would pack down on the terrain you're riding. Slower rebound will give you more control as long as it doesn't bottom out.

You don't mention Compression so I assume it's a R and not RLC or RC2. Yeah?

There are some nice sections in Tokai, Eden and Tokai where you can do repeated runs and dial your fork 100%. Doesn't help you play with settings then do a full ride. Shorter sections will be easier to remember and feel the changes.

Is it a new fork? Float or Talas? Which Year model?

Ditch the website settings.

Sag: 40mm [that's 25%] If it's new run it softer the first month so the will brake in properly. You'll know when that has happened. Take it to the trail then and set it up as it should be.

Rebound: Can't remember how many there are, but if its ten set it on 4 from slowest. In other words 40%. One would normally run rebound as slow as it can go, not as fast as it can. Please note that when I say "as slow as it can go" I don't mean set it to 0 or something like that. What I mean is set above where it would pack down on the terrain you're riding. Slower rebound will give you more control as long as it doesn't bottom out.

You don't mention Compression so I assume it's a R and not RLC or RC2. Yeah?

There are some nice sections in Tokai, Eden and Tokai where you can do repeated runs and dial your fork 100%. Doesn't help you play with settings then do a full ride. Shorter sections will be easier to remember and feel the changes.

Thx Crow. It's a 2012 Fox Float RLC. Cool, I'm gonna drop it to say 60 psi, and set the rebound a bit slower. I kinda like to ride with quick rebound, because in rocky sections (i ride a lot in Jonkers) you often find that the fork packs down when rebound is too slow. Not sure about the compression setting. My revelation didn't have one, so that's a bit new to me. But it's only a low speed compression setting, so don't think it will impact a high speed/DH run that much?

Jonkers is the exception. I used to run two clicks extra rebound and 5PSI extra when I used to ride there. Haven't been there in a a while.

Best not to guess PSI. Do a proper sag test. Will save you lots of time and will ensure your fork is best looked after. The "C" in RLC means you have Compression. Low Speed C will have an influence on brake dive. Cool way to sort that without having to run too much air to compensate. Play with it - cause your worth it!

Fox was still trying to nail the factory settings on their new 36 RLC's. Let's hope 2012 is the year

Jonkers is the exception. I used to run two clicks extra rebound and 5PSI extra when I used to ride there. Haven't been there in a a while.

Best not to guess PSI. Do a proper sag test. Will save you lots of time and will ensure your fork is best looked after. The "C" in RLC means you have Compression. Low Speed C will have an influence on brake dive. Cool way to sort that without having to run too much air to compensate. Play with it - cause your worth it!

Fox was still trying to nail the factory settings on their new 36 RLC's. Let's hope 2012 is the year

I must say my first impression is that the 36 is not that much plusher than the Revelation, but I guess that's just because it's not broken in yet, and also all the settings aren't yet optimal. But where I immediately felt a diff, was in the solidity when you land a jump/drop with the 36. It's much more stable.

Yeah, that's been the problem when they dropped the FIT. Traditionally Fox's do take longer to brake in than RS. But they get there.

Yeah, that's been the problem when they dropped the FIT. Traditionally Fox's do take longer to brake in than RS. But they get there.

The damn thing cost a fortune, so I'm gonna make sure it gets sorted asap! I'll report back in a month's time. Over and out.