Enve road wheels

LOOK695

Morning to all Hubbers. I am a new member on the hub. I would like to if there is anyone who has ridden Enve/Edge wheels. I want to purchase the 65 clincher wheel. If you could please let me know what your experience has been like with this product, whether positive or negative

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont you wait until the new 6.7's come out?

They sound 'cleverer' than the previous set of 45's or 65's

Front and rear specific rim profiles etc.

Check their website here

post-615-0-10998300-1309418846.jpg

Why dont you wait until the new 6.7's come out?

They sound 'cleverer' than the previous set of 45's or 65's

Front and rear specific rim profiles etc.

Check their website here

I agree, they are very nice, but they are tubbies and I prefer clinchers. According to Enve, the 6.7 clincher will only be launched some time next year

Shaxxy wheels...

With unlimited moola, I dunno whether I would get these or Lightweights...

Enve or Zipp over Lightweights any day. Lightweights' quality have dropped, and they are not the lightest any more.

Keep an eye on this website: Roues Artisanales

Full Carbon Wheels Test 2011

Chapter 1 now out in French

Use Google Translate Toolbar to um... Translate.

He reckons that the Lightweights are still on top of their game and quality is good. Mavics were bad in terms of quality.

There are several other brands that we don't really get here.

I don't own a set and will proberbly never but i have riden them and they are very nice wheels.The 65 are used quite often here on cyclo cross bikes so they are a very strong rim.

I have not seen or heard of the rim breaking on road or cx.

I am heavy and had no problems riding the 65 wheels.They were built with tune hubs.

If i had the money i would buy these before Zipp 404 and before Lightweights.Lightweights are great wheels but technology has cought up to them.

Also look at some Lew racing wheels if you really want very light wheels.

Use Google Translate Toolbar to um... Translate.

Top right side of page has a little British flag...click for English.

I don't own a set and will proberbly never but i have riden them and they are very nice wheels.The 65 are used quite often here on cyclo cross bikes so they are a very strong rim.

I have not seen or heard of the rim breaking on road or cx.

I am heavy and had no problems riding the 65 wheels.They were built with tune hubs.

If i had the money i would buy these before Zipp 404 and before Lightweights.Lightweights are great wheels but technology has cought up to them.

Also look at some Lew racing wheels if you really want very light wheels.

Thanks Gummibear. From what I have been able to read up on internet is the same as your reply, that these wheels are strong. I am also heavy and need a strong reliable wheel and these are available with 24/28 spoke setup same as the Zipp 404 Clydesdale I had a couple of years back. My choice was between Zipp Firecrest(everbody is riding zipp) and Enve 65. I will be choosing the Enve's. They are built with DT Swiss 240 hubs.

Top right side of page has a little British flag...click for English.

The English version doesnt have chapter 1 loaded up yet.

Lew went bankrupt a year or 2 ago. Wheels were very flexy, enough so that it bothered clients.

Lew went bankrupt a year or 2 ago. Wheels were very flexy, enough so that it bothered clients.

I heard that Reynolds was using the Lew Rims on the RZR46.They also seem to get pretty bad reveiws

Thanks Gummibear. From what I have been able to read up on internet is the same as your reply, that these wheels are strong. I am also heavy and need a strong reliable wheel and these are available with 24/28 spoke setup same as the Zipp 404 Clydesdale I had a couple of years back. My choice was between Zipp Firecrest(everbody is riding zipp) and Enve 65. I will be choosing the Enve's. They are built with DT Swiss 240 hubs.

I've put the problem in bold. Those are sub-standard hubs with a very poor design.

The clutch poses problems when you have to change the inboard rear hub bearing and the seals are of a poor quality and design, especially for MTB use. I know this is a road application but still.

I have never seen these wheels but quality wheels will always have:

1) Good quality hubs that are forged, have proper contact and labyrinth seals and will require no proprietary tools or spares for repair and maintenance.

2) Double butted spokes, never straight-gauge.

3) A rim design that doesn't require some proprietary spoke. Further, if it has internal nipples, the spoke holes will have been drilled at the exact angle of the spoke line. No use having them drilled perpendicular to the rim, that will create spoke breakages.

I've put the problem in bold. Those are sub-standard hubs with a very poor design.

The clutch poses problems when you have to change the inboard rear hub bearing and the seals are of a poor quality and design, especially for MTB use. I know this is a road application but still.

I have never seen these wheels but quality wheels will always have:

1) Good quality hubs that are forged, have proper contact and labyrinth seals and will require no proprietary tools or spares for repair and maintenance.

2) Double butted spokes, never straight-gauge.

3) A rim design that doesn't require some proprietary spoke. Further, if it has internal nipples, the spoke holes will have been drilled at the exact angle of the spoke line. No use having them drilled perpendicular to the rim, that will create spoke breakages.

Anybody else agree with the statement on the hubs? The spokes are Sapim and the holes are not drilled,but are moulded as part of the manufacturing process. Enve claims this makes for a stronger rim

Here is a fun website to play around on if you have a wheel fetish: Wheelbuilder.com

How about something along the lines of: Chris King R45's with Enve (or Reynolds ?) 65mm rims with DT Aerolite spokes ?