2011 Unofficial TDF Guide for free

beebee

none of those links work :thumbdown:

Maybe the people who own the copyright, and probably worked quite hard at putting together the one this dingbat scanned and shared, got grumpy and had the documents removed.

No different to stealing a bike.

Edited by onetrackmind

You mean like Merckx using Pinarello's Onda fork ... no different.

Im not getting involved in the copyright thing here ... cool guide none the less, no matter whose name is at the bottom!

You mean like Merckx using Pinarello's Onda fork ... no different.

Im not getting involved in the copyright thing here ... cool guide none the less, no matter whose name is at the bottom!

Possibly - theft is theft, no good theft/bad theft, just theft. If Merckx did steal a design, they would have been nailed. Like Cervelo got a snotklap from Canyon earlier this year, quite rightly.

I bet it costs more in printer ink etc to print the stolen one out than to just go to the CNA and buy one anyway (this one was stolen from Velonews, the local one is via Cycle Sport I think). Amazing what people will do to save a buck.

Possibly - theft is theft, no good theft/bad theft, just theft. If Merckx did steal a design, they would have been nailed. Like Cervelo got a snotklap from Canyon earlier this year, quite rightly.

I bet it costs more in printer ink etc to print the stolen one out than to just go to the CNA and buy one anyway (this one was stolen from Velonews, the local one is via Cycle Sport I think). Amazing what people will do to save a buck.

Just, maybe playing devil's advocate, where do you draw the line? How many of us every day cut n paste content (including a link to source) here, on twater, on facespace, etc? I mean I get design of a hard component, but what's in cyberspace? I get that you have to protect you IP(Intellectual Property).

I just find it an interesting debate.

For instance, my wife runs her own fashion design and clothing business. She open sources all of her patterns. The ones she makes from scratch, I mean.

If Merckx did steal a design, they would have been nailed.

Na, I was just stretching your chain. Turned out that Pinarello actually gave some of the old blueprints to Merckx and they put their own spin on it.