Tokai: New DH trail

(Deon)

Hey kids, new DH/AM trail going in..

Set to be really entertaining. Spent the day today cutting the trail but important to note that it is not yet ready to ride. I'm sure some will think the logs lying across the entry is there to be moved.. please, if you spot anyone on the trail, please advise them to get off. There is still lots to be done but by all means walk it. One berm is sooo long, you'll need to fight back the dizziness!

Lots to be done: Looking for volunteers.. judging from the response I've seen on a few threads, it should not be a problem rounding up at least ten. The more the better, it is going to be hard labour, hopefully not as hard as today's stint!!

Will confirm a date as soon as we can confirm the delivery of up to 18Cubes of G5 laterite. Some of the best, only for Tokai! ;)

Good time to mention that this has the backing of Parks, thanks to the Section Ranger, Bennet and da boyz and of-course Koos, much appreciated!

Edited by Pain or Shine

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deon: just say when!!! :thumbup: where is this bit of track, and oh my word, please say there will be massive no entry signs, at the bottom fo the track of course :P

Wow dude this is great news, cant wait to check it out! Will walk down the trail next time im in Tokai :)

Im really curious as to where the trail exactly is going down, we need more info :) When you got a trail date drop me a message/mail id be very keen to help out.

I am dead keen to be involved. Such awesome news. Good work getting it by the Parks.

As the other guys have stated, its where about's, is it a section or a whole new trail from start to finish?

Does this mean we will have 2 trails or are they going to close and rehabilitate the other one.

Let us know dates :drool: :clap: :thumbup:

Answers:

Signs are being made, confirmed today.

Where? Level four:

Picture this... Road gap, berm, double, land, right hand bend, cross boulders trail, right hand bend, double... there! Straight, (not left down the rock garden), launch - keep it low - need to line up for big double, land, left hand berm, right hand berm, gain speed, left, right, pop off rocks, line up again, off a big rock... aaaaiiiiirrrr, land, left berm, right berm, whoop, whoop, left berm, gain speed, right berm, [surprise], left berm, left berm, still left berm, right berm, exit!

Dizzy?

Rock garden needs work, temp closure - not permanent as originally planned. Whew!

Edited by Pain or Shine

i think i just straightened my shorts....:drool:

but at least say where the exit is as well :w00t: :rolleyes:

Edited by Capricorn

i think i just straightened my shorts....:drool:

but at least say where the exit is as well :w00t: :rolleyes:

Should we give you some time to sort out your pants?? :blush:

There are certain restraints.. entry and exit are to remain unchanged, so the new section will join up with the old, literally at the exit.

Would a set of stairs be helpful? A ramp for the wheels could run alongside, slightly lower to give added leverage to push. I would sort out the slippage factor and keep the trail in shape for longer since feet on a slope can dig in.

Edited by Pain or Shine

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AWESOME!!!

You know that this just means I have to get that new bike sooner than planned. Now to raid the piggy. Damn. 'Tis empty!!!

Guess my hardtail will need to harden up for some proper action!

Awesome news, Pain. Just say the word and I'll be there with axe, shovel, fork & saw. And a heckload of pent-up aggression to rip into anything we need to.

if the section is steep enough, some steps cut out or logged would be appreciated. Track itself will be the ramp. Too much work otherwise, unless the section is such there is no other way to get up except by alternate path.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AWESOME!!!

You know that this just means I have to get that new bike sooner than planned. Now to raid the piggy. Damn. 'Tis empty!!!

Guess my hardtail will need to harden up for some proper action!

Awesome news, Pain. Just say the word and I'll be there with axe, shovel, fork & saw. And a heckload of pent-up aggression to rip into anything we need to.

Was counting on it! :thumbup:

Will keep you posted..

Hard work always pay off! Well done P&S. Fortunalety you guys have some more time to finish the build because I'm out of town for 2 weeks. Can't wait to try it.

Hard work always pay off! Well done P&S. Fortunalety you guys have some more time to finish the build because I'm out of town for 2 weeks. Can't wait to try it.

.. edit.

nooit, not me, these volunteers are gonna work hard! I'll be thanking them!

.. edit.

nooit, not me, these volunteers are gonna work hard! I'll be thanking them!

Dude... you're gonna be working like a previously disadvantaged mineperson!

WE will make sure of it!

Dude... you're gonna be working like a previously disadvantaged mineperson!

WE will make sure of it!

I am on the edge of laughing, if I only knew how a previously disadvantaged mineperson is expected to work?

Wait till you see the track.. I expect that I might be putting my feet up for a while.

Who will fetch the beers?

I am on the edge of laughing, if I only knew how a previously disadvantaged mineperson is expected to work?

Wait till you see the track.. I expect that I might be putting my feet up for a while.

Who will fetch the beers?

Well, the first clue is "mine", as in the thing what you get diamonds out of.

the 2nd part of the description, I ain't allowed to say on a family forum. But, at its original meaning, the latter part of the description was meant as a term to describe a "non-believer"

At its basest, it means Pretty Fkn Hard.

Just please don't tell me the trail worship is gonna be this weekend, or the weekend of the 23rd & 24th. This weekend = study. I'm in Dbn from the 18th - 25th. Work.