[Event] Beaulieu MTB Cycle Challenge

Odders

Event Name: Beaulieu MTB Cycle Challenge
When: 23 July 2011
Where: Beaulieu Nature Reserve, Beaulieu, Kyalami, Gauteng
Category: MTB

A MOUNTAIN BIKE CHALLENGE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY

Beaulieu Prep is hosting their second Beaulieu Mountain Bike Challenge on the 23rd July 2011. All proceeds go towards the schools annual fund raising initiatives.

The shorter 1.7km, 3.5km and 13km rides meander along the picturesque bridle trails inside the beautiful Beaulieu Estate. The longer 43km ride also take you along the bridle trails of Beaulieu and then turns towards the sweeping countryside of Kyalami along trails not accessible to everyday cyclists.

The 43km starts at 9am followed by the 13km, 3.5km and 1.7km

There will be Secure Parking at Beaulieu Prep.

Food and drinks will be on sale after the event.

A bike wash will also available.

Click Here to Enter Online

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7R0duHxuw-s/TgWQYvUzFtI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/Tbwq5EsRWo0/s640/Flier-6.JPG

Go to Event Page

I was out working on the trails today and the route is looking really good. I've added a link to the YouTube promotional video which will hopefully inspire a few. I will be adding a preview of the route shortly.

Such a pity about the date being the same as the Trailseeker at Teak place, would have definately been in, being founding group!

I was out working on the trails today and the route is looking really good. I've added a link to the YouTube promotional video which will hopefully inspire a few. I will be adding a preview of the route shortly.

Nice job with the video. The guy pulling a wheelie at the end of the narrow bridge has some skills ... and confidence.

As has already been stated, pity about the conflicting date with the Trailseeker Teak race.

• 3 weeks later...

My sources tell me we had around 400 entries today which I think is pretty impressive given that it was also the Trailseeker series at Teak Place. I'm really sorry that more of the Trailseeker Series guys didn't get to experience this great half marathon. This is the second year that the race has taken place but the first to include a full a half marathon.

Thank you to all the participants and volunteers and especially landowners that made this such an incredible event.

Try and get the calendar for next year, and plan your event on a date that does not clash with any other races.

I am certain you will get more entries that way.