TDF STAGE 1: Commentary, Opinions, Views

'Dale

C R A S H !!!!!

Well, touch of wheels still under the neutral flag!

Soft landing for Andre Greipel from Lotto gang. No harm done.

:blink:

Edited by AirBender

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blush:

That gives Greipel (Omega Pharma-Lotto) the "honour" of first TdF 2011 crash.

And he has to go to the medical car to get his scraped and bleeding elbow tended to.

THE 1ST BREAKAWAY!!

13:05:38 CEST

Our three escapees are Jeremy Roy (FdJ), Lieuwe Westra (Vacansoleil) and Perrig Quemeneur of Europcar. The field is happy to let them go.

The commentators distinguish between power sprinters like Voeckler and Gilbert and the outright sprinters like Cav and Greipel.

Hmm... :)

That is a bit of an uphill sprint finish they have today... if it comes down a uphill bunch sprint Hushovd is my man!

13:05:38 CEST

Our three escapees are Jeremy Roy (FdJ), Lieuwe Westra (Vacansoleil) and Perrig Quemeneur of Europcar. The field is happy to let them go.

The gap is now under five minutes. Today's one and only intermediate sprint is at km 104. Remember, they have changed the points system for such things this year, so the peloton may well try to catch this group before then, so that the top sprinters can duke it out for the first points.

Omega Pharma-Lotto looks to be practicing its team time trial for tomorrow, as they are line up at the head of the field.

The gap is now under five minutes. Today's one and only intermediate sprint is at km 104. Remember, they have changed the points system for such things this year, so the peloton may well try to catch this group before then, so that the top sprinters can duke it out for the first points.

Yeah, the way Cavedish sat up in that intermediate sprint looks like he's already given up on the Green though. Wanker. If I was his teammate, he'd get a slap after the race especially after they dragged him to the front, and as soon as he saw a little resistance from Farrar, he just sat up? F*&kin "professional" :thumbdown:

Omega Pharma-Lotto looks to be practicing its team time trial for tomorrow, as they are line up at the head of the field.

Silly. For omega lotto, tomorrow is a "rest" day.

Why does Paul Sherwin call them Oooorup Car? It clearly says Europe Car.

Team Lee Yo Pard Trek?

Really?

And wot's worse, is that pronunciation is wrond. It's supposed be lay(as in gay) oh pard.

Why does Paul Sherwin call them Oooorup Car? It clearly says Europe Car.

Sherwen. Europcar. No further corrections.

:)