Bicycle Safety Facebook group.

Wyatt Earp

Hi Hubbers

We have decided to step up our fight against crime.

We need our trails back and we need our families minds at peace when we are out on the trails.

We have created a facebook group and would like to get as many members as possible.

It will be a page where people can post anything they may have seen, been involved in and has any relevance to the bike jackings.

These thugs are networkers, let's show them that we can do better.

Thanks all.

Bicycle Safety

Dangle,

There has to be others driving this whole thing as well, A BIG THANKS to all of you.

Safety is a matter that is affecting all of us.

Will be at South Bay Cycles on 16th for sure!

Edited by RudoJ

Dangle,

There has to be others driving this whole thing as well, A BIG THANKS to all of you.

Safety is a matter that is affecting all of us.

Will be at South Bay Cycles on 16th for sure!

For sure. You will be surprised to see how many non-cyclists are assisting us. They are very keen to learn how to spot the differences between old and rusty to entry level bicycles and the more expensive ones + all the gear that goes with it, etc. They were chasing down and poor commuters riding on bicycles that would be worth only a few cents at the metal dealers. Some of the people helping us even went as far as digging out their forgotten old bikes out of some dark, dusty corner in storage somewhere to start cycling when it gets a bit warmer.

Part of the FB group!! :thumbup:

as mentioned on FB: all of us should join, it will definitely give our loved ones at home some peace of mind when we hit the trails/roads

i see south bay cycles are offering muffins and biscuits on 16th :rolleyes:

Edited by RudoJ

Thanks all of you who have joined us :thumbup:

Welcome Kransie :D

We are making an impact and it can only get bigger:

It was on Radio 5 yesterday, it will soon be on telly and the newspapers are showing a keen interest.

Media Support.

Done and dusted.

I'll schlep my boy and Circle Cycles in as well for a Fish Hoek flavour :blink:

Joined the group yesterday. Nice photo there in the local Sunninghill paper Nathrix

Joined the group yesterday. Nice photo there in the local Sunninghill paper Nathrix

Photo in Sunninghill paper? :unsure: Thanks for joining the group :thumbup:

We now have 400 members! :clap:

There seems to be a momentum gathering here that is quite remarkable.No negativity and lots of effort.

I believe all the organisers need to be congratulated on the work and time they are putting in and also to all who participate in one form or other. :clap: