My bike is dead....

MXkid77

Took a slow bridge drop on my mates Dh track and landed, bottomed out, heard a snap and skidded to a stop. I am sad....

post-8700-0-13601000-1309708589.jpg

post-8700-0-25409900-1309708599.jpg

In the pic on the right, the swing arm pivot snapped, above the BB, you see the red tube, the swing arm pivot should be around that pin, now the pivot is further up and slightly to the right.

Tough Break! (pun intended) If you have all the bits and can't get a replacement swing arm, you can always get the bits welded and machined... Just a thought.

come on dean, you know you've been itching for a new sled ;)

but gutted for you man.I can only imagine how hard that sledgehammer musta hit on realization of what happened.. meh.

hey dean ... that sucks dude ... i know its not the best for DH but you can borrow my Force for the weekends race if you need a bike!

Ah Geez Dean, sorry about that!!!!! Where was this!!!

I got the Schwinn Straight 8 Frame just sitting if you want to do a quick build onto it for this weekend??

Just needs a shorter rear shock - maybe the shock you run on the Haro will work.

Ah Geez Dean, sorry about that!!!!! Where was this!!!

I got the Schwinn Straight 8 Frame just sitting if you want to do a quick build onto it for this weekend??

Just needs a shorter rear shock - maybe the shock you run on the Haro will work.

But Nick ... didnt the straight 8 run a reverse (Pull) shock??? I remember that cus i wanted to get one! The bike used a custom built rockshox pull shock - was a sick bike 10 years ago!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GsVi9QGn9DI/TCvt7HUyAwI/AAAAAAAAC7w/aOa7bL5pUL0/s1600/Schwinn1.jpg

or is yours this one?

http://www.goebl.info/images/schwinn2.jpg

Nige, it is the same suspension setup as the 4 banger. Conventional Lawhill push-shock design.. HAHAHA

Pic of my frame below

post-16663-0-15529900-1309774304.jpg

Edited by Nikolais