TdF - Any 'Behind the Scenes' Interesting Info

TheSaint

Does anyone know anything interesting from 'behind the scenes' on the TdF?

What do the cyclist do immediately after completing a stage?

Once saw them sitting in one of those kiddies plastic pools filled with ice.

What specifically do they eat along the way?

How many helpers are there on a team and what do they assist with?

Is a new kit worn every day?

Who is responsible for the kit and supplements?

etc.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like this:

Johan Bruyneel (RadioShack) and Bradley McGee (Saxo Bank SunGard) drew the ire of race officials at the start line of the Tour de France's second stage, the team time trial around Les Essarts on Sunday.

Bruyneel and McGee were both on the end of fines for "improper conduct towards officials in the zone where the bikes were being checked," organisers said, and each hit with a penalty of 200 Swiss francs.

BMC team leader, Cadel Evans described the situation as "nearly ridiculous".

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/blazing-saddles-row-erupts-over-rider-positions-in-ttt

There are several websites that try and cover as much as possible:

cyclingnews.com

velonews.competitor.com

pezcyclingnews.com

+ many more

Try as many of the team websites as you can and get onto twitter to see what the guys are up to.

Frank Schlecks last tweets - eina....

NOT tasty at all and hurts a bit too,camera is broken but my noise is working fine.ALL GooD

17 hours ago »

Had a funny day,hit a camera with my head and the viser from the helmet cut my noise than swallowed a bee who stung me after 5km into thettt

17 hours ago

Frank Schlecks last tweets - eina....

Cut his noise? Noise is fine but camera busted?

So we can get sound but no picture?

Cavendish is a prick. At least it's not just me that thinks so.

According to Feillu, Cavendish's attitude could backfire against him at the Tour de France. "Quite a few sprinters could combine against him," he told Le Parisien. "For my part, even if he is a great sprinter he's not always respected me. If I can close him off in a sprint, I won't hesitate."

Feillu says, however, that Cavendish's main drawback is his attitude toward his rivals. "He's got a big Achilles heel: his arrogance toward everybody." The Frenchman explained to another newspaper, Ouest-France: "He likes saying he's the best. He behaves a bit like Ricco. About doping I'm sure he's different. But in his attitude he's a bit like a wrestler, he wants the others to be impressed. He wages a psychological war."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/feillu-says-cavendish-is-arrogant-like-ricco

There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance...

Feillu may have a lot to say about Cavendish now that he considers him to be a rival, but his wild sprinting style on stage 3 isn't going to win him any friends in the Peleton.

Edited by splat

There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance...

I think Cav crossed it a while back.

My nephew Gary Blem is with the HTC team as mechanic, will chat to him and see what info he can spill on the team

My nephew Gary Blem is with the HTC team as mechanic, will chat to him and see what info he can spill on the team

See if he can find out what is wrong with cav. he keeps attempting to sprint, but looks way short of the final kick he usually has.

Cav's Ex Girlfriend had to have their dog put down. :(

And now Cav can't sprint. I see the connection.

Ja, like when Tyler Hamilton's twin brother's dog, Tugboat died during the Tour a few years ago.

And then he wore the dog tag for the rest of the Tour and cried every time someone mentioned it.

post-615-0-65428700-1309937546.jpg

Edited by splat

See if he can find out what is wrong with cav. he keeps attempting to sprint, but looks way short of the final kick he usually has.

ja, please send a message from the hub, lots of us have him in our fantasy league team, there are some kickass prizes, and if he could just sprint a little bit faster we'd all really appreciate it here.

ja, please send a message from the hub, lots of us have him in our fantasy league team, there are some kickass prizes, and if he could just sprint a little bit faster we'd all really appreciate it here.

Don't worry he might just end up making everybody else look slow today!!

Love the way these guy's are contesting the sprint primes this year!!

Cav's Ex Girlfriend had to have their dog put down. :(

It's his EX, who cares? Unless of course he pissed her off...