Stolen- GT Marathon silver/black

garthwatson

GT Marathon silver/black - black rear triangle - XTR wheels - White fox fork stolen in Bergvliet Cape Town - on 2 July 2010. Please contact me 0847746954 - or Kirstenhof police 021 701 1717 or 021 7011536 CASE 20/7/2011.

Thanks very much - Garth

Distinguishing features: cane creek rubber bar-ends. gore ride-on cables. vredenstein front tyre, bontrager rear tyre.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I rode it I broke my collarbone - see video - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150264151451187&comments&set=t.720651752&type=1

Don't have a photo - but the one in the link: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gt-marathon-carbon-pro-2008/ is similar to mine - I have a black swingarm, white fox forks, and XTR wheels though.

It's been in the back of my car since the injury as I've been too sore to take it out - and home and work are safe places to park. Was watching the Tour on Sat at a mate's house and it was swiped out the car.

The last time I rode it I broke my collarbone - see video - http://www.facebook....20651752&type=1

Don't have a photo - but the one in the link: http://www.wiggle.co...arbon-pro-2008/ is similar to mine - I have a black swingarm, white fox forks, and XTR wheels though.

It's been in the back of my car since the injury as I've been too sore to take it out - and home and work are safe places to park. Was watching the Tour on Sat at a mate's house and it was swiped out the car.

Go check out the Cash Convertors in your area, and the second hand shops( first post of call being NielsWheels)

Go check out the Cash Convertors in your area, and the second hand shops( first post of call being NielsWheels)

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

The cops found the bike at Neil's Wheels yesterday. Although the XTR wheelset had been replaced with some no-name brands. So if you see the wheels being advertised at some dojy shop let me know please. Crazy.

The cops found the bike at Neil's Wheels yesterday. Although the XTR wheelset had been replaced with some no-name brands. So if you see the wheels being advertised at some dojy shop let me know please. Crazy.

Oh come on. This is just ridiculous. He gets found with stolen goods in his possession repeatedly and nothing comes of it.

He is causing the crime wave of bikes being stolen.

How about involving the local newspapers? Like the Tatler or the Cape Times? Carte Blanche were also looking for bike theft related info. The point is to create as huge s stink as possible also outside of the cycling community.

You kidding??! I think this fella needs to be interviewed by Carte' Blanche. Or better still that Vamp Tigress from E-Tv. That will have him stumbling over his vowels and tripping on his punctuation.

The other idea would be to get all the Testosterone Fueled Hubbers (GP) to pay him a Group Visit. Like a Group Shopping Day.

Unbelievable. <_<

What was his cover story this time? Doesn't he have to keep track of the details of the person that brought the bike in?

You get Robert Mogabe, Juluis Malema and Neels Wheels.... all the same !

:cursing:

HAHA! Give that man a Bells!

Can we not arrange some kind of protest outside his shop (I don't know the legal aspects of this, but do something in a legal way!)? He is blatantly dealing in stolen goods and can not claim ignorance after the number of similar incidents. The alternative is that anyone with a bike which was recovered through him (including myself) goes and lays seperate criminal charges against him and makes sure the cops follow through with it?