To the @sses on the Krugersdorp highway yesterday

Sammajoor

To all the cyclists riding on the Krugersdorp highway yesterday, GREAT going you @sses, doing a lot to promote safe cycling in Gauteng. Saw a few VERY VERY IRATE motorists cruising past you.

Congrats for promoting cycling in Gauteng :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a donkey getting smacked by a car once. Did huge damage. No wonder the motorist was irate.

Guest agteros

I saw a donkey getting smacked by a car once. Did huge damage. No wonder the motorist was irate.

Donkeys must be some of the most predictable animals on the road ;)

Actually, this all makes me think of a tale I was told in Zululand.

Three animals were hitching a ride an a minibus taxi, and when it came to paying their fares the donkey gave the exact moneys required. The goat paid short, and ran away... The cow gave too much, but the taxi driver did not have any change, so the cow was short changed.

To this day these animals are still responding in a similair fashion when they see a vehicle on the road, thinking it to be a taxi driver.

The cow will walk into the road, trying to stop the taxi, looking for its money.

The goat will run away, knowing it paid short

The donkey has no business with the taxi anymore, and will not move

and that is why these animals behave the way the do when you cross ways with them on the road ;)

no wonder the motorists where so agro when we passed through there in the USSA student tour last week. the offending cyclists needs to be dealt with accordingly and we as cyclists needs to stop bitching if these people are responsible for us being knocked over. i am sure we can deal with them accordingly to ensure our own safety????

Where on the KDRP highway?

Mams, they were on the 94.7 route, spread out with back up vehicles blocking the far left lanes.... Something about " stars on the move"

Depends where on the highway. As far as I remember it is only "officially" a highway after the Syringa turn off.

Edited by velo

Makes me think of the Cyclelab fourways club ride of two weekends ago.

Riding 5 abreast on a normal single lane road. If they lead by example then no wonder cyclists get the reputation for owning the road!

All i can say is i am glad i am not part of that club.

I don't know if I would want to be riding on a road where cars are passing by at speeds of 120km/h upwards!

Mams, they were on the 94.7 route, spread out with back up vehicles blocking the far left lanes.... Something about " stars on the move"

'Stars on the move'? SA doesn't have stars.(soapie, movie or celebrity :P , sport, maybe!). We had a Posh and Becks wannebees...

These riders ticked off motorists who have nothing but hatred in their hearts for us 'lycreans'. :(

Edited by Fester

Makes me think of the Cyclelab fourways club ride of two weekends ago.

Riding 5 abreast on a normal single lane road. If they lead by example then no wonder cyclists get the reputation for owning the road!

All i can say is i am glad i am not part of that club.

Hmmm. With an attitude like that I bet they're also glad you aren't a member.

Instead of being a whingeing tjop why don't you act like an adult and have the balls to contact Ali to give her a chance to do something about it?

Her email is Ali@cyclelab.com if you have a real complaint. Tell her I sent you...

Instead of being a whingeing tjop why don't you act like an adult and have the balls to contact Ali to give her a chance to do something about it?

Her email is Ali@cyclelab.com if you have a real complaint. Tell her I sent you...

:thumbup: :clap:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very well said!!!

And what makes you think i have not already phoned Cycle lab and TRIED to find out who the correct person is to speak to?