Tata Kontador

Garfield2010

Where are all the "Contador cant lose" guys now? On this forum most guys (90%+) said he is unbeatable etc. I knew and did say that it is near impossible for anyone who have done the Giro de Italy to actually win the Tour De France in the same season.... (looks at the statistics)

And the last time trial is over a mountain so I doubt if Schleck will lose more than a minute there...

I predict that Contador will not finish this tour and it will be a fight between Schleck, Evins, Wiggins and Gesink. Radioshack has too many leaders (if they had one then surely they had to win yesterdays time trial since they have the most time trial experts in their team). Sure, Radioshack will have 3 guys in the top 10 at the end, but none in the top 5....... Look at how Evins and Hincapie dragged their team single-handedly to almost victory yesterday. How can the Shack with the likes of kloden, Leipheimer, Brakovich & Popovych to name a few not match that?

Also looking forward to tomorrows stage.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Bert is the favourite to win this thing. Definitely the racing will be more exciting with him having to fight for it though. The last TT looks only mildly lumpy. I reckon Schleck will need 2 minutes on Contador going into that to beat him in the overall.

Ek is nie n Contador fan nie, maar daar is nog amper 3 weke oor. Evans kan nog val, Schleck se ketting kan afval en al daai snaakse goed kan nog gebeur.

Waar, maar die Tour gaan gewoonlik oor momentum. As die K&k jou eers tref dan hou dit nie op nie. Kyk wat laas met Lance gebeur het....

En ek glo nie Contador se span is sterk genoeg nie...........

Schleck het Cancellara om hom te help as hy issues het 10km voor die einde van `n dag of om seker te maak hy is in die top 15 van die bondel. Evins het Hincapie en Wiggins het Thomas ens ens.....

Elkgeval, die wolk oor Contador se kop moet hom opvreet stadig maar seker.

Ek dink Andy gaan in die laaste week piek en die tour wen........

Not a Contador fan at all and what happened to him on Saturday was unfortunate but its to his own account with bad placing in the bunch.

Still their is three weeks to go and he won't give up as it may be his last TdF with the court case against him scheduled for August

you basing your whole argument on the fact that statistics say you cant win the giro and the tour in the same year? did you see the crash? so far your argument is only valid for the loss of time in the TTT.

what a dumb argument, I am not a Contador specific fan, I am a tour fan< so hated lance for making it boring. but loved his aggression.

greatful Evans has a chance now.

The fact that there was a crash and a hold up, had nothing to with Conatdors abaility to win, that was just bad luck.

I think you right Contador off too soon, but you will learn that the hard way ;)

I do love premature anounceiation threads.

1 and a bit stages into the tour and Conty has already lost it? Yegads man.

Ok ok I'll get into the wild speculation:

Hushovd to keep yellow to Paris!

Gilbert to win the climbers jersey!

Armstrong to finish on the podium from his home in Texas!

Where are all the "Contador cant lose" guys now? On this forum most guys (90%+) said he is unbeatable etc. I knew and did say that it is near impossible for anyone who have done the Giro de Italy to actually win the Tour De France in the same season.... (looks at the statistics)

And the last time trial is over a mountain so I doubt if Schleck will lose more than a minute there...

I predict that Contador will not finish this tour and it will be a fight between Schleck, Evins, Wiggins and Gesink. Radioshack has too many leaders (if they had one then surely they had to win yesterdays time trial since they have the most time trial experts in their team). Sure, Radioshack will have 3 guys in the top 10 at the end, but none in the top 5....... Look at how Evins and Hincapie dragged their team single-handedly to almost victory yesterday. How can the Shack with the likes of kloden, Leipheimer, Brakovich & Popovych to name a few not match that?

Quite a prediction there, Garfield2010.

I tell you what - it is not gonna be straightforward for 'Berto where everybody saves themselves for the climbs and then he kicks their azzz at altitude.

The cycling gods have a different formula in place this year. :huh:

It would be sweet for the relentless Evans to take it.

Then again, Andy also has 2 2nd spots in his record book.

Hmmm.. ;)

The fact that there was a crash and a hold up, had nothing to with Conatdors abaility to win, that was just bad luck.

I betcha Lance was itching to tweet: "Much to learn. Re-restated."

I think you right Contador off too soon, but you will learn that the hard way ;)

In racing, like life, there are some controllables and there are some non-controllables, like crashing, punctures.

Champions win even when non-controllables are in the field of influencing results.

A bit like the Crusaders who lost their home ground this season during the Super Rugby tournament. :blush:

I'll keep my money on Alberto, its stil early days .. :clap:

Fact is that he did lose time. Fact is he does not have a strong team around him. Fact is that winning that the last time one rider one the 2 major races in one season was in 1998 (not 100% sure) (Pantani).

I am basing my prediction on that for Kontador to actually win this, he needed everything to go right for him from the start, which has not happened.

But ja, I do not expect you or Konti to throw in the towel after 3 days so lets see what happens. Who knows, maybe he will eat some lekker vrot vleis agains this evening and strike back with a win tomorrow so hyou never know!!!

:clap:

I do love premature anounceiation threads.

1 and a bit stages into the tour and Conty has already lost it? Yegads man.

Ok ok I'll get into the wild speculation:

Hushovd to keep yellow to Paris!

Gilbert to win the climbers jersey!

Armstrong to finish on the podium from his home in Texas!

You really think Lance can do THAT!