Morewood Shova - Colour

Chubba

Managed to get myself a Shova frame, but it needs a new colour and decals.

What do you think is the best colour?

I have narrowed down my choices to Candy Red or Metallic Blue, what do you guys think?

Add pics for inspiration.

post-12790-0-11298900-1309800028.jpg

post-12790-0-09163500-1309800052.jpg

Edited by Chubba

or what about the raw brushed alu look?! Both my morewoods have the raw look. I love it!

Here's my little morewood... not the best pic to see the finish... but you get the idea

post-10758-0-29842600-1308505674.jpg

or what about the raw brushed alu look?! Both my morewoods have the raw look. I love it!

Here's my little morewood... not the best pic to see the finish... but you get the idea

How do you get that finish?

Does the paint not create a protective barrier for the frame?

Edited by Chubba

No paint = lighter :lol:

ok, so i got that finish with paint stripper, steel wool and a lot of hard work (especially on the front triangle which was powdercoated).

One can also strip the paint by sand/bead blasting... but I went the chemical route cos it's less harmfull on the frame.

The 3rd option is an acid dip. This is probably the best as it is not abbrasive like media blasting, and is a lot less work than paint stripped.

The company I spoke to about it does motorbike frames, so they pretty much know the exact sceince of it.

As for the paint protecting your frame... I guess so, especially if it's powdercoat (which your Shova most likely is)... one can put a clear coat onto the raw after to lock in the finish... but heck... my 2 morewoods are a jump bike and a DH bike. A few scratches are the least of my worries in terms of damage that can be caused

Candy red is gorgeous chubba! The lime green and burnt orange are also lekker but very pimping, which I guess is also awesome.

Also consider what colour the fork is and the wheels that you putting on

Now Ill never be able to keep up on the downhills :( Guess I better work on getting to the top quicker :)

Edited by Zula

Orange is the coolest colour for a MTB.

Orange is pretty sweet. Stands out to.

Feedback: if I send it up to Morewood it will cost R700 for a respray and decal kit. Very reasonable...BUT i need to choose from their 2011 brochure or from the archive and hope the colour is still available.

Feedback: if I send it up to Morewood it will cost R700 for a respray and decal kit. Very reasonable...BUT i need to choose from their 2011 brochure or from the archive and hope the colour is still available.

That is not shabby at all. Stickers alone will cost you about R200+.

Thats very cheap for the re-spray, only one colour then? My fork cost R400 to re-spray.

Morewood Shova ST 2007

Here are the details of the frame:

Refined front triangle

1 1/8" CNC machined Head Tube

New head tube gusseting - increased strength and durability

New CNC machined shock mount - refined look

Lowered stand over height - more manoeuvrable

New seat tube gusset - stronger seat-tube/top-tube junction

Butted 30.9 Seat tube- lighter, one-piece design, readily available seatposts

Front derailleur compatible- triple chainring ready

Swingarm

CNC machined swingarm plates - stronger more durable interface

One piece IS brake mount - strong brake caliper/frame interface

Replaceable Al 7075 CNC machined derailleur hanger- same tried and tested strength and durability

Tech

1 1/8" (120mm long) head tube

Custom drawn Al 6082 T6 Tubeset

73mm bottom bracket

30.9mm one piece, butted seat tube

34.9mm seat clamp (provided)

34.9mm top pull/ low band front derailleur (not SRAM compatible)

Small, medium and large frame sizes

5.2" Rear wheel travel

7.875" x 2" rear shock length

Large sealed pivot bearings (6008 2RS C3)

CNC machined Al 7075 replaceable derailleur hanger (supplied)

IS rear brake mount

I would say go for it!

Like Mampara says... the decals alone carry quite a cost (R295)... so R400 for tha paintwork etc... totally worth it!

do you know if that includes the prep work too?

Chubba thats cheap, I would have thought it would be in the region of R2k for everything.

Im sure that they can spray it in whatever colours they have? The 2010 izimu was in that candy red, looks hot.

Edited by Zula