BB30

BUTLER

Hi will BB30 bb fit on any bike or do you need adapters.

Jacques

You need a BB30 frame.

You can fit a Shimano crank in a BB30 frame with adapters

i am hijacking your thread. I currently have a schwinn paramount with integrated BB but i want to upgrade to a BLACK SPADE RACING with BB30. will my sram red cranks fit? wat is BB30? is it the size of the axle? lenth of axle? please explain

i am hijacking your thread. I currently have a schwinn paramount with integrated BB but i want to upgrade to a BLACK SPADE RACING with BB30. will my sram red cranks fit? wat is BB30? is it the size of the axle? lenth of axle? please explain

BB30 was invented by Cannondale and is a sort of "Open Source" BB standard new-ish to the market. It uses a 30mm axle instead of the standard 24mm axle you would find on say GXP. They claim it saves weight and has less friction.

For myself personally, what I have seen in the time I worked at a bike shop it is a bit of a pain really. GXP for me is alot easier to install and maintain by yourself. If your bearings in a BB30 system are just a bit of, the crank is so stiff you can't turn it. You also need special tools for the BB30.

To answer your question, YES, you do get adapter plates so you can run your GXP crank on a BB30 frame. So you will need to get hold of one of these kits if you do buy your new frame.

Further reading: http://www.bb30standard.com/