The good samaritans at Groenkloof

LukeV-2

So yesterday i was having a lekker ride with my mate, really pushing it because we were pushed for time.

Anyway, i got a puncture and didnt have a pump on me although i did have a tube, so as soon as i realised i had a flat i looked up and saw a guy there and just asked if he had a pump, and he did. but it didnt end there, my tube in my bag had 2 holes in it, so i was considering i LONG walk back when this other guy stops to help and ends up giving me his only spare tube!!

These guys are such legends!!!

But it didnt end there, about 1km from the end, another blowout!!!! so i thought stuff that im just gonna run, but along the way i got offered yet another tube!!! i didnt take it cos i was right there, but its the thought that counts!!!

Groenkloof is filled with helpful people, really makes the mtb community alot tighter!!!

HUGE THANKS (Im sure u guys are on the hub)

Nice story. Mtbers are pretty friendly people.

I hope you learnt your lesson though and ride with a pump and at least 2 spare tubes.... I mean you never know when you may pass a cyclist in need....

oh and i was asked about mt bike at the scene by the one guy and didnt answer properly, its absolutely amazing!! :)

Be prepared but if you aren't, you should be looked after and then pay it forward when you find some other poor schmuck who didn't pack right! It happens to all of us from time to time.

oh and i was asked about mt bike at the scene by the one guy and didnt answer properly, its absolutely amazing!! :)

Glad you like your bike!

Also have a SB in the stable.

Ventura is a excellent bike choice!thumbup1.gif

Glad our locals could be of service.

Pay it forward is the lesson to be learnttongue.gif.

Put your tjoop in an old sock with some baby powder to avoid it chafing a hole in...

Be prepared but if you aren't, you should be looked after and then pay it forward when you find some other poor schmuck who didn't pack right! It happens to all of us from time to time.

Reminds me, thanks buddy.... :thumbup:

Put your tjoop in an old sock with some baby powder to avoid it chafing a hole in...

Great idea!!! =)

Glad you like your bike!

Also have a SB in the stable.

Ventura is a excellent bike choice!thumbup1.gif

Glad our locals could be of service.

Pay it forward is the lesson to be learnttongue.gif.

I am yet to find a bike with such nice geometry and specs for such a good price!!

• 9 months later...

I have to add, that although I've never accepted help from fellow riders, everyone is always asking if I need help if i'm stuck on the side of the road repairing my bike. Will definitely pack a extra tube in case I can help someone else, or is in need myself. Its a great feeling being part of such good hearted people.

What is the actual benefit of going tubeless?

Probably jinxing myself .. But in 3 years since going tubeless.. One flat.. And that was from a tyre being Freddy Kruegerly slashed by glass shards.

What is the actual benefit of going tubeless?

I've done 9 races since my last flat, and you can run a lower tyre pressure