Best way to travel with a bike between CT and JHB?

MaryJ

Best way to travel with a bike between CT and JHB?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you recommend?

• Airline
    • Rail
    • Me Airline, Bike Courier
  2. 2. If Airline for us both, which one?

• Kulula
    • 1Time
    • Mango

Hi there!

I'm new to cycling and having just blown my lifes savings on a sweet bike I'm petrified of having it damaged by a careless airline, train co, courier co when I take it up to JHB in November to do the Momentum 94.7.

I am therefore looking for advice, tips or ideas on how to get myself and my bike from CT - JHB and back again safely and as reasonably priced as possible (driving not an option for this reason).

What do you suggest?

AIR?

RAIL?

ME- AIR, BIKE- COURIER?

Please vote on the poll and comment below. Thank you very much for your time :)

Why dont you just cycle up to JHB with Frail?? No need to worry about damaging your bike then!

So add "Cycle" to the poll!

Oh and he cycles back to cape town after the 94.7 ... so you are sorted for the return trip too :thumbup:

Oh and he cycles back to cape town after the 94.7 ... so you are sorted for the return trip too :thumbup:

That is a great suggestion and I hope to be able to do that one day! Right now- I've never cycled more than 32km on the road in one day- so for now I'm aiming to complete the 94,7 and then the Argus- so next year- cycle up and down to/from JHB definitely! :)

• 4 weeks later...