Cable liner

Niner

Does anyone know where one could buy cable liner.

I am looking for something like the nokon cable liner. I want to cover some exposed cable.

If you are riding mtb and in muddy stuff take a look at the "Gore Ride on" cables.

totally sealed and last forever. bit pricy to buy here (Capetown somewhere) but CRC have at a resonable price.

Just take a normal outer, cut it along the length with Stanley knife/box cutter. Peel off the plastic, remove all the little steel wires and the liner will be free.

Just take a normal outer, cut it along the length with Stanley knife/box cutter. Peel off the plastic, remove all the little steel wires and the liner will be free.

F@k jy is snaaks! Dit is die ou met die af vingers en snye op sy hande wat by die volgende race opdaag.

Yes it worked, but I did not take pics......

Took a new cable and "scored" the outer plastic where I wanted to cut it as I still wanted a little bit of "normal" cable left.

Then "scored" the little wires with a tiny file all the way round....then I cut the outer of like Mampara suggested and broke of the the wires....

Now I had a piece of normal cable with only the inner exposed at the one end.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Here is a little drawing of the end product.

post-25686-0-47096700-1310109660.jpg

Black lines is the plastic outer

Red the metal wires

and the green is the inner( the inner is very thin but I am sure it will do the trick.)

Edited by Niner

F@k jy is snaaks! Dit is die ou met die af vingers en snye op sy hande wat by die volgende race opdaag.

Ek het dit nie met 'n baie lang stuk gedoen nie maar het 'n stuk liner nodig gehad om my plastic frame te beskerm waar die FD se kabel onder en dan deur die frame beweeg.

If you are riding mtb and in muddy stuff take a look at the "Gore Ride on" cables.

totally sealed and last forever. bit pricy to buy here (Capetown somewhere) but CRC have at a resonable price.

+ 1 .........Good product and easy to install.

Ek het dit nie met 'n baie lang stuk gedoen nie maar het 'n stuk liner nodig gehad om my plastic frame te beskerm waar die FD se kabel onder en dan deur die frame beweeg.

Gebruik 'n stukkie heat shrink tubing volgende keer.

Gebruik 'n stukkie heat shrink tubing volgende keer.

Dan moet ek dit gaan koop en ek twyfel of dit dieselfde sal werk. Die housing moet stilstaan en kabel moet kan beweeg. En die gaatjie waardeur die housing moet gaan is bietjie groter as die kabel. Ek werk al vir 20 jaar met snap-off blade cutters, ek weet hoe om hulle te hanteer.

Edited by Mampara

Dan moet ek dit gaan koop en ek twyfel of dit dieselfde sal werk. Die housing moet stilstaan en kabel moet kan beweeg. En die gaatjie waardeur die housing moet gaan is bietjie groter as die kabel. Ek werk al vir 20 jaar met snap-off blade cutters, ek weet hoe om hulle te hanteer.

Daar's altyd `n eerste keer vir alles...