Strava iPhone App

Skidmark

Hiya

First time poster. Just started riding last week.. Got the corporate ironman next year in my sights and this is what's gonna get me there :)

Found a really nifty iPhone App which I thought I'd share with ya'll. It actually works on iPhone, Android and with Garmin units. It's called Strava. You start the app, put it away & forget about it until you stop. Then, it sync's with their servers and generates a report like this. Pretty cool :)

You should have a look at Endomondo (www.endomondo.com), it's also quite a cool app.

You should have a look at Endomondo (www.endomondo.com), it's also quite a cool app.

Ya there's actually a heap. The web UI and app for Strava was the clincher for me. Spose it's whatever works best for you. Don't wanna spend more time booting up apps, then actually doing a ride :P

add a Wahoo case for your iPhone and you'll get all the other metrics also, HR, Cadence, Power if you have a power meter...

add a Wahoo case for your iPhone and you'll get all the other metrics also, HR, Cadence, Power if you have a power meter...

I use one of these. Works epically. Nice firm case & still lets the touchscreen & buttons work.

There was one for sale here not to long ago. If you search in the classifieds maybe it's still available.

Try www.dealextreme.com

They have a huge selection of little pouches and cases. I received mine in about 10 days

Try www.dealextreme.com

They have a huge selection of little pouches and cases. I received mine in about 10 days

First time poster mysef,

So you guys are saying that these phone apps, do work. I recently obtained an HTC purposefully for the Android apps

First time poster mysef,

So you guys are saying that these phone apps, do work. I recently obtained an HTC purposefully for the Android apps

Indeed.. I was somewhat skeptical of the accuracy of the Strava app, but was very pleasantly surprised. You can get it for your Android too. The difference between the odometer on my bike's computer and the Strava app was negligible. The summary is really helpful.

Indeed.. I was somewhat skeptical of the accuracy of the Strava app, but was very pleasantly surprised. You can get it for your Android too. The difference between the odometer on my bike's computer and the Strava app was negligible. The summary is really helpful.

Just spent some time on their site now, impressive. Will I be able to download an existing route map for eample.

Just spent some time on their site now, impressive. Will I be able to download an existing route map for eample.

Not sure... guess it depends how many other riders are using the app in your area... Their app at the moment is purely for tracking.. Doesn't provide much in the way of routes & live maps etc.