TDF Stage 6 : Dinan - Lisieux 226km

Lucky Luke.

Another one for Gilbert or maybe HTC's power sprinter Matt Goss? Or will Cav's new found talent for kicker finishes see him go for another win? Also an opportunity for GC guys to take some precious seconds on the rise in the last 1.5km.

Profile - two cat 3 and one cat 4 climbs - bit argus-like if you times the distance by two and add a fat roller on the boulevard in Three Anchor Bay.

post-3168-0-29231100-1310014635.jpg

Here's the last km:

post-3168-0-05325700-1310014363.jpg

The finish is in front of the basilica in Lisieux - image from Steephill

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/38690685_ea5c4c305d_z.jpg

Weather looks damp but not too windy just yet...

post-3168-0-31961700-1310014183.jpg

post-3168-0-57096600-1310014209.jpg

Edited by Lucky Luke.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My money is on Thor. These uphill sprints are his forte. Stage 4 would've taken a lot out of him but still...

Gillbert will be there once again. He's just going for everything this week. Not sure about Cav for the stage, though I'm sure he'll go for the intermediate sprint points today. HTC's got 30kms to pace him back to the peleton after the first Cat 3. With the green jersey now on his shoulders I'm sure Gillbert will gun for the intermediate sprint points as well.

They're still next to the coast for a big part of the stage, so expect some crosswinds to wreak havoc again. Luckily they move a bit more inland towards the end of the stage. I'm sure the likes of Boonen are praying for a better day than yesterday.

Some more exciting racing.

I am betting on my favourite sprinter, Rojas, to kick some azzzz.

He has come close so often. :blush:

What drama yesterday.

Will Boonen finish the tour, I wonder.

Will Gesink's crash leave him vulnerable and without his superpowers as the Tour continues?

Is the Cav-enator gonna surprize again with a strong finish without his HTC train?

Like a Cape Town summer's day, just a lil' bit cooler:

From velonews:

More Bretagne weather is on tap. Forecasters are calling for scattered showers, temperatures around 19-C with south/southwesterly tail- and cross-winds at 30kph, with gusts up to 50kph.

:)

I am betting on my favourite sprinter, Rojas, to kick some azzzz.

He has come close so often. :blush:

What drama yesterday.

Will Boonen finish the tour, I wonder.Will Gesink's crash leave him vulnerable and without his superpowers as the Tour continues?

Is the Cav-enator gonna surprize again with a strong finish without his HTC train?

I haven't heard any reports that he's out. I'm sure he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of finishing if he knew that he sustained race-ending injuries.

Like a Cape Town summer's day, just a lil' bit cooler:

From velonews:

More Bretagne weather is on tap. Forecasters are calling for scattered showers, temperatures around 19-C with south/southwesterly tail- and cross-winds at 30kph, with gusts up to 50kph.

:)

The thing with tail winds is that it pushes the average speed too much and I can't get home in time from gym to see the end! :lol:

I haven't heard any reports that he's out. I'm sure he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of finishing if he knew that he sustained race-ending injuries.

Yeah, just wonder whether he is at top-strength after this eina injury.

And whether he will make the daily cut-off times as his injury takes its claim on its energy levels.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2011/07/BOONEN-INJURY1-325x213.jpg

I hope big Tom continues, but with nothing in the bag yet and what looks like some serious cuts and bruises his chances of taking a stage are minimal, so maybe he will just decide to go home and recover.?

What happened with his drifting all over the road during the intermediate sprint yesterday, I see Cav made a big fuss, nothing new I know, but was Boonen penalised.?

I hope big Tom continues, but with nothing in the bag yet and what looks like some serious cuts and bruises his chances of taking a stage are minimal, so maybe he will just decide to go home and recover.?

What happened with his drifting all over the road during the intermediate sprint yesterday, I see Cav made a big fuss, nothing new I know, but was Boonen penalised.?

Yip - Both Boonen and Rojas were stripped of their points for the intermediate sprint. That is why Gilbert is in green today.

Yip - Both Boonen and Rojas were stripped of their points for the intermediate sprint. That is why Gilbert is in green today.

Okay, thanks.

Phew, Tom didnt have a good day at all did he.?

Guys, where are all the updates?

Those of us actually "working" need to know what's going on! :D

Also read as, I need to see by how much I'm losing in the Hub TdF Competition

Text Book Cav leadout sprint for the points left over.. had Rochas on his tail like a dog on a leash