PPA Seeding Run

Merida002

hmmm not quite sure how the hell they're doing seeding calculations anymore... i've also dropped by about 7 points.

my perfect 0.76 index for West Coast Express has gone to an index of 9. All my league buddies who had A seedings now have C seedings so I guess my move from C to D isn't too bad.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my perfect 0.76 index for West Coast Express has gone to an index of 9. All my league buddies who had A seedings now have C seedings so I guess my move from C to D isn't too bad.

im sure they'll redo it - the calculations seem totally fubar

my seeding index for this years argus is 16.xxx. I came 282/28954 overall and 83/223 in VA. Sure, its not a winning time, but it gives me an F seeding for the argus.

seriously? top 1% of finishers and I get an F seeding?

my seeding index for this years argus is 16.xxx. I came 282/28954 overall and 83/223 in VA. Sure, its not a winning time, but it gives me an F seeding for the argus.

Yeah, oh well I'm not too concerned as I'm focusing more on triathlon now. I should be time trialing races from TEMP from now on.

Dropped from E to G. I must be the kakkest cyclest on the hub if you take into consideration that i was in B in 2009........

In the light of how most fell in seeding its not bad but if you ride league that means you wont qualify for Cat1 anymore.

I think they made a big mistake,

for some events, specifically the Knysna 50km road event they didn't even adjust the winners' time, making it easier to get a good seeding.

Coming 20-something in the Argus mtb 25km i got an index of 22.

Far. Too. Easy.

Ahhh seeding season again!

I think that there are two components to it:

Firstly, the latest seeding run.

And then, secondly, the yearly readjustment (if so required) of the seeding parameters, such as the seeding index, size of each index group for this season, etc. So, maybe, indexes might change in size and/or spread/value; or the required league index might (!) be adjusted, or, or ….

And then they will redo the seeding run to give us our new season’s seeding.

So we must wait till the end of the month (and I am not telling which month) and see where we stand.

I am not a fan of PPA’s seeding process. But I decided to not to let it get to me – at least I’ll try. Cycling and its pleasures come first, the rest is just garnish.

Personally, my cycling is improving, but I am still in the same seeding group.

Correction! It’s not seeding season; it is our training season!

Dropped from E to G. I must be the kakkest cyclest on the hub if you take into consideration that i was in B in 2009........

I though I must be the kakkest rider on The Hub.. C in 2009 to D 2011 summer to E last month and this morning I am F according to PPA> :unsure:

So I can ride as a Cat 3 racer.. Hmmmmmm Just gotta watch all the dodgy bike handling skills in that bunch.

I though I must be the kakkest rider on The Hub.. C in 2009 to D 2011 summer to E last month and this morning I am F according to PPA> :unsure:

So I can ride as a Cat 3 racer.. Hmmmmmm Just gotta watch all the dodgy bike handling skills in that bunch.

I think i'm gonna do cat. 3 as well...

Did you do any other Argus seeding rides??Like Die Burger?

Did you do any other Argus seeding rides??Like Die Burger?

The seeding he got from PPA for his Argus was 16 even though he did so well.

not the group he started in.

Yeah, oh well I'm not too concerned as I'm focusing more on triathlon now. I should be time trialing races from TEMP from now on.

Well start in my group (whichever it may become) coz I want to sit on your wheel..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

The seeding he got from PPA for his Argus was 16 even though he did so well.

not the group he started in.

My initial index for the Argus result was 18 odd. Now because of the 'last season' penalty, it's down to 19.odd (around 10% penalty)

Edit: I lied - it's 20.689 now - not 19odd as I thought (had to go check my Argus)

Edited by SirK

Well start in my group (whichever it may become) coz I want to sit on your wheel..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cool, will probably end up doing that as I'm gonna ride with some other buddies in group G or H.

looks like only More Recent races are taken into account..

the old top3 race indexes are no longer considered..

dropped to 'H' :(