26er vs 29er movie

scuzzy

Max and Ave HR was higher on the 29er so that means he used more energy. If you pedal faster, you will go faster.

very interesting ... as you say ... a good summary of what everyone thinks ... for the consumer who does stage races and longer marathon races - 29er ... but for the shorter more explosive XC - 26er.

Problem solved. :thumbup:

Maybe run the 29'er first and the 26'er second

I think Specialized want to move 29ers.

Edited by TNOSE_E

My internet at work blocks the link, so I'm not sure what was said. I think i mentioned this before on the Hub. Supercycling devoted a good part of their show to the Alpen Tour, a stage race in Europe with a very strong professional presence. Something that amazed me was that 90% of the field rode 26 inch hardtails.

the 29er still were faster...now imagine how much faster it will be over a 50km+...every few seconds help

My internet at work blocks the link, so I'm not sure what was said. I think i mentioned this before on the Hub. Supercycling devoted a good part of their show to the Alpen Tour, a stage race in Europe with a very strong professional presence. Something that amazed me was that 90% of the field rode 26 inch hardtails.

99% of that field only weigh up to 65kg! You then want a 26" HT. If you are a normal person (90kg plus) - why would you not want a 29" Dual. :lol:

There you have it... Horses for courses. How many times have this been said, but now the world champ said it!

For the 3 XC riders left in the country - 26ers, but for the rest... :D

Max and Ave HR was higher on the 29er so that means he used more energy. If you pedal faster, you will go faster.

Amen!

More Marketing hype.

By the time he got on the 29'er. he already knew what to expect on the course.

I would have love to know what would have happened if he ran the 26'er first. Then the 29'er. Rested a bit and ran the 26'er again.

Case of beer says he would have been faster still.