Nice iStore?

Dubber88

Good day Hubbers,

Is there a shop selling Apple products in Pta apart from the iStore in Menlyn( which I try to ignore at all times), that can give expert advice and good service?

This may sound stupid :

Not familiar with a Macbook Pro peripherals apart from USB I tried to insert a 4pin firewire cable into the Firewire 800 port( Looks surprisingly allot like it would fit, with the Firewire logo to it's left ) , which resulted in a short, switching the Mac off and " Not charging " message .

Since you have to get a Apple specific firewire cable ( knowing that now ), I'l want to do that tomorrow ASAP, as both my HDD's stopped working this week( Luckily backed up) and now have to record the week's clients on my Macbook Pro.

Definitely not the best news to tell artists that doesn't appreciate how dependent our studios are on technology.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Regards,

Dub

what a mac broke? that wasn't in the script was it?

Anyway if all else fails to find a mac dealer that know anything about hardware or is going to believe you that its broke, phone Core Distribution, they are are importers of Macs (and only agents) they might be able to put you onto someone but it must be said service and turnaround with macs here are way behind that of PC's

Edited by kosmonooit

Thanks Kosmonooit.

Will give them a ring.

Everything seems to work perfect, just the battery not charging...

Also found out that the port differs for firewire 400 and 800, so I would need the adaptor, rather than a new cable.

AS jy nie `n Mac shop kry nie, gee vir Outdoorphoto(naby Menlyn Square) `n buzz, ek het daar gewerk, hulle is Apple retailers. Hulle sal hopelik gou vir jou kan uitvind wie kan help.

Jy kan dalk Simply Mac in Brooklyn Mall probeer.

www.zastore.co.za verkoop ook mac goodies

Dankie WW.

Ken vir ZA store.

Sal more bel. Ek is net regtig gatvol vir die Menlyn iStore se diens.

Wil aspris daar weg bly.

The Battery on your machine is not charging?

The Apple service center is in Jet Park.

The Battery on your machine is not charging?

The Apple service center is in Jet Park.

Thanks.

Yes.

Got hold of the technical call centre number.

Will give that a try.