Table Mountain Crime

Chubba

Went for a ride last night on table mountain and signal hill with some mates and we came across two incidents.

First one was at the base on Deer Park, a guys car was broken into and a scuffle broke out with some onlookers they gave chase and the cops were called, didn’t stay to find out what happened.

Second one happened on Signal Hill, we came across to young guys that had been watching the sunset and were attacked by two guys with rocks and were robbed of their bags and cell phones. They called the cops as well, but it was too dark to chase the guys.

Eventful night, on a very unsafe mountain!

The ride was awesome tho.

Edited by Chubba

chubba: were was the attack on SH? I was still up there just as the sunset, at the entrance to the scout station. Were u riding the tracks between lions head and signal hill above the tar road?

Edited by Capricorn

chubba: were was the attack on SH? I was still up there just as the sunset, at the entrance to the scout station. Were u riding the tracks between lions head and signal hill above the tar road?

We were still on singal hill road (tar), 50m from the Kremat turnoff, around 7.30pm. The attack happened just up from the Kremat.

Edited by Chubba

We were still on singal hill road (tar), 50m from the Kremat turnoff, around 7.30pm. The attack happened just up from the Kremat.

aah ok. quite a bit later as I was already down by then. Seems after dark is the big problem ,which is par for the course anywhere in any country. Bad things happen after the sun sets..

I almost wish one of the victims had the stones to follow the perps, just to see where they go. There's only so many ways down the hill

aah ok. quite a bit later as I was already down by then. Seems after dark is the big problem ,which is par for the course anywhere in any country. Bad things happen after the sun sets..

I almost wish one of the victims had the stones to follow the perps, just to see where they go. There's only so many ways down the hill

This is the first time I have experienced anything like this on the mountain and we ride every Thursday around the same time.

I'm on that hill a lot, I hardly see many of the folks that actually ride/run there as well. Much less dodgy looking dudes. Same for you then. Still, take care out there Chubba..

I'm on that hill a lot, I hardly see many of the folks that actually ride/run there as well. Much less dodgy looking dudes. Same for you then. Still, take care out there Chubba..

You too!

We only ride in a group of three or more, so try to stay as safe as possible.

You too!

We only ride in a group of three or more, so try to stay as safe as possible.

I'm thinking i need to pack some pepperspray or something. just to buy more time. but at the end of the day, will have to play it by ear when the occassion arrives.

btw: chubba: u ride with Rob and Co?

I'm thinking i need to pack some pepperspray or something. just to buy more time. but at the end of the day, will have to play it by ear when the occassion arrives.

Tricky when your climbing (up to the block house), i don’t know if you would have enough time to react. From reports it is generally 2 or more assailants, so might be better to give it up and walk away. Riding in numbers is the only way.

Nope, don’t know them.

I agree with Chubbas comment. When they spring themselves on you, your reaction time has gotta be ultra (Bruce Lee) quick to spray them. Don't forget that the wind plays a factor as well and you could land up spraying yourself!

I was also there last night with Chubba and also couldn't believe that there were 2 incidents in the same night. The only thing we can do is stick to riding in groups.

Capricorn you should join us on a Thursday evening. We leave Deer Park round 5:30ish and ride for about 2 hours.

I totally agree with both you and chubba. but sometimes, there are occassions where u spot the nottie and can get a finger on the trigger.

As for thursday rides, I've normally got running then. Weekends I do longer rides, so if y'all doing a weekend nightride, lemme know :) oh and I'm captain slow, so dont mind me, i'll catch u up eventually :P

Edited by Capricorn

I totally agree with both you and chubba. but sometimes, there are occassions where u spot the nottie and can get a finger on the trigger.

As for thursday rides, I've normally got running then. Weekends I do longer rides, so if y'all doing a weekend nightride, lemme know :) oh and I'm captain slow, so dont mind me, i'll catch u up eventually :P

not as slow as me, i can assure you of that!

good chance of some lebanon on the weekend if your interested.

Edited by Chubba

Did anyone see the Dudesons when they got sprayed with Pepper spray? It didn't do an awful lot to them!

I wonder how many of the various pepper sprays on the market are actually effective?

Did anyone see the Dudesons when they got sprayed with Pepper spray? It didn't do an awful lot to them!

I wonder how many of the various pepper sprays on the market are actually effective?

Pepper spray is useless if someone is high on tik or mandrax.

i think mandrax takes u down, like horizontally. it's the tik junkie that's the skittish mofo. but you right, tweaked right outta his skull.

but, i still say, if there's chance it will help, i'm gonna try it. I cant let naysaying rob me before the perp does. If the spray dont work, i'm have to beat him to death with my gloves... :rolleyes:

Edited by Capricorn

I rate they should make certain sections access controlled areas. Pay to enter or have a green card.

It might end up being used more often, because more people will feel safer.

Edited by Rydogg