Any reviews on the Java Espresso HT Frame

Hairy

Hi all

Any of you out there have any reviews/personal experience on the Java Espresso HT Frame?

Regards

Hairy

I have one and to date I am very happy with it. Was meant to be a frame that I could use till I could afford something else. My previous frame cracked and I didn't want to be without wheels.

I find it quite stiff laterally but with some vertical compliance which makes it a very comfortable ride. For R850 I don't have anything negative to say about it. The paint quality is good, seems to be epoxy coated. The paint tends to chip rather than scratch but it's a mtb, doesn't bother me.

I thoroughly enjoy riding my bike and have not thought of changing it. If cash is tight I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Regards

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

I have one and to date I am very happy with it. Was meant to be a frame that I could use till I could afford something else. My previous frame cracked and I didn't want to be without wheels.

I find it quite stiff laterally but with some vertical compliance which makes it a very comfortable ride. For R850 I don't have anything negative to say about it. The paint quality is good, seems to be epoxy coated. The paint tends to chip rather than scratch but it's a mtb, doesn't bother me.

I thoroughly enjoy riding my bike and have not thought of changing it. If cash is tight I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Regards

Kevin

Thanks for the feedback, are you running a 100mm fork on that frame?

• 9 months later...

Contemplating buying one of these frames. Any more feed back on the Java Espresso HT frame as I can't seem to find anything on the interweb.

About 1650g according to the website. Wayne gives very good service, even no problems with a warranty claim.

Maybe I can move the singlespeed drivetrain to one of these together with the wheels/brakes/bars/etc from the rellie, and then turn the Cotic into a geared MTB ....

I've done approx 100km on the Espresso ...

QIts nimble and quick to respond .. When in twisty single track ... When peddling it is stiff and doesn't flex too much . . Corners like its on rails ..

This frame is excellent ..

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one of those frames from Kiwi. Been riding it for about a year now. I'm no podium dude but must say I am very happy with mine. It was my very first MTB from scratch build without any help so to speak. I used a combo of sram and XT components. Everything fitted and worked perfectly.

• 1 month later...

Awesome awesome frame! I got mine 3days ago and I'm inlove with it!!

Its handling is superb!! And relatively light!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...