Suikerbosrand: Sunday 10th July

Speed Racer

I'm going to SBR on Sunday to work on my climbing skills. :thumbup: The aim is to do 2 laps (3 if I'm feeling good). Start from the carpark at 7am. Any Hubbers going to be doing SBR on Sunday or keen to come along?

Enjoy! I was there last Friday. 1/2 of it is burnt veld now, but still an excellent training ride, that last climb goes on forever.

Does anyone have GPS coordinates of the carpark and a map of the loop? Sounds like something I need to do ASAP!

Does anyone have GPS coordinates of the carpark and a map of the loop? Sounds like something I need to do ASAP!

Really its a no-brainer finding your way there and you don't need your GPS fadget, head south on the N3 from Jhb turn off the highway on the R550, signposted,

Great. Garfield. U In?

I will come along too. Been a while, I want to do 1 lap, 2:30 mins or there abouts. hopefully it wont be too cold.

I will come along too. Been a while, I want to do 1 lap, 2:30 mins or there abouts. hopefully it wont be too cold.

Good stuff. Will be on Kuota Kharma with MTN Panorama Tour jersey.

Here you are........

post-539-0-14565400-1310220159.jpg

post-539-0-74476600-1310220170.jpg

Today's figures: ride time: 5:28 (2:30, 1st lap; 3:28 2nd lap!); 113.75km;4897 kCal; 2410m ascent; 20.8 km/h.

Didn't see you there Speedracer. Started my ride at 7:12, in what seemed first wheel on the loop. LOTS of wildlife on or next to the tar, red hartebees, springbuck, Rhebuck, chased 3 Jackals down the road, Zebra, wildebees, Eland, Baboons. 2:32 lap, garmin battery died on first km. 0 degrees throughout - great ride.

Didn't see you there Speedracer. Started my ride at 7:12, in what seemed first wheel on the loop. LOTS of wildlife on or next to the tar, red hartebees, springbuck, Rhebuck, chased 3 Jackals down the road, Zebra, wildebees, Eland, Baboons. 2:32 lap, garmin battery died on first km. 0 degrees throughout - great ride.

Hi Rude, only got going at 8! My apologies. Should have taken your mobile. Fantastic ride, but pretty chilly! Hope to catch you next time.