Vlocan Bikes?!

BernardG

So I am new to mountain biking. I have seen Volcan bikes around and like the look. I would just like to know a bit about this company.

- Who are they, is it a company from Switzerland and the bikes get imported?

- How long have they been on the market?

- What bike shops stock them?

I do not seem to get much info on the web. Not about older bikes from them. I would really like it if somebody share some light on this. :thumbup:

sorry I can't be of more help, but it seems that giving too much information about the Volcan background can get their lawyers onto you.

Just look here and try de-cypher for yourself. I don't wanna say what I know/think to be true... I'd prefer to avoid law suits

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/96590-volcan-topic-removed/page__p__1307038__hl__volcan__fromsearch__1#entry1307038

Edited by patches

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't want to upset them or damage the brand. I like them, but I would then rather e-mail them.

Thanks

Volcan has taken Kevin Evans and Yoland Speedy to many a race victory and earned them a couple of SA titles along the way. If Volcan is good enough for the 2 top mtbers in SA, then they are good enough for everyone. Who cares if they are from Switzerland or from SA, they are still great bikes.

Volcan has taken Kevin Evans and Yoland Speedy to many a race victory and earned them a couple of SA titles along the way. If Volcan is good enough for the 2 top mtbers in SA, then they are good enough for everyone. Who cares if they are from Switzerland or from SA, they are still great bikes.

Kevin Evans used a Raleigh for many many more of his victories, why not rather buy a Raleigh?

Who cares if they are from Switzerland or from SA, they are still great bikes.

SA R100 notes are now printed in Switzerland :D

I think a rider at this level will be able to win on any brands top spec bike. It's misleading for a beginner to think they need a certain brand because people are winning races on their bikes. You need to find a bike that suits the kind of riding you want to do, as well as fits your body. Before shelling out, try to go on a demo day and ride as many brands as you can.

Kevin Evans used a Raleigh for many many more of his victories, why not rather buy a Raleigh?

...And this is the proof that a great rider will be able to win on just about any old thing.

...And this is the proof that a great rider will be able to win on just about any old thing.

Raleigh was made in the same factory as some very very expensive bikes.Nothing wrong with a Raleigh

Don't worry about lawyers and what not, that thread was binned due to a former employee stirring.

The Volcan bike are good bikes and supported by an established distributor, http://www.emotioncycling.co.za/

Contact Dave/Stewart I think.

They should be able to help with a test ride or at least locating a dealer who has a test bike.

You like the look, now make sure you're comfortable riding the bike and it's a good fit for you and the riding you want to do. Specially since you're just starting out.

Best of luck there. :thumbup:

I wonder if the Volcan legal team will be ringing up Admin to address the spelling mistake in the title of this thread. A new branding crisis raises it's ugly head.

You can buy volcans of off buycycle, not sure about the normal price of volcans but all the other items on buycycle are competitively priced.

I think a rider at this level will be able to win on any brands top spec bike. It's misleading for a beginner to think they need a certain brand because people are winning races on their bikes. You need to find a bike that suits the kind of riding you want to do, as well as fits your body. Before shelling out, try to go on a demo day and ride as many brands as you can.

Eugene never said that you need a certain brand, the original post asked about a particular brand. Eugene merely stated that if Volcan was good enough for 2 top riders, then they are good enough for everybody else.

Top riders will win on anything, but we all have a choice of which brand we like and if the author of this post wants a Volcan, he can buy one.