Spark 30

RussT

Hi All,

I am making the second step in MTB and thinking of moving from my Merida TFS 400 hardtail to the Scott Spark 30 Carbon Dual suspension. I found the Spark 30 and the shop is offering it at R 26 800. My budget was R20 000.

What do you guys think of the price and any comments?

Scott Spark 30 Carbon Main Frame HMF NET Imp/ 6061 Alloy Swingarm Fox 32 F120RL (120mm Travel) DT Swiss XR30 Shimano XT/SLX/SLX 30spd/Shimano XT crankset/Avid Elixir R disc brakes

http://www.scott-sports.com/us_en/product/10023/55362/217926

Your help is appreciated.

Cheers

Russ

i am biased ....

The scott spark is an awesome bike and the carbon ones even better.

if you want a fast light weight good qauilty bike scott spark is it!

Scott Spark is great bike, but if I was buying a 26" bike, I would look at the second hand market. There are some great deals to be had as more and more people convert to 29ers. For 20k you can get a serious machine.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, was in a similar position having rode my hardtail GT Avalanche 1.0 for a few years. Bought the Spark 30 a couple of months back and have no regrets. It really feels good all round (speed, climbing, single track).

And the price seems good - paid 27K for mine. Think they retail for around 30K. One thing to watch out for is now that the 2012 range is being released you might get some really good deals on the 2011 range. That or wait for the 2012 Spark.

Cheers.

Edited by Marc_D

Buy a second hand one. I just sold my 2010 with full xo, for 16k. Great bike very light, very fast and great climber.